Buying and ownership of AR-15

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A person has to wonder and worry about buying or selling the dreed AR-15. With the last shooting and a AR-15 Pistol being used. I believe changes are going to happen. The AR-15 is the most popular rifle being sold for many yrs.

I worry about the manufactures and how this is going to play out for them. For private ownership, will we be looking at a tax on ownership. I see a run on 30 rd mags happening.

In the end its not going to be for gun owners.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
A ban will be just like the one under Clinton, won't change a whole lot and will be repealed as soon as the next Rep gets into office. No way in hell the feds will try to confiscate 10 million plus AR's floating around. Just more wasted time and money by our government.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd think they would figure out how well it would work considering they've had so much success banning drugs and murder already. :::

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They (new world order or whatever you want to name them) are going to use banks to stop production of ammo and weapons... take it out of the hands of the politicians. Basically force their will on us whether we vote for the change or not.

Just like they used money to buy Biden the election (promises of $2000 to lazy losers).

Remember the Scheels VISA card? I do - which is why I don't own one any longer.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
They (new world order or whatever you want to name them) are going to use banks to stop production of ammo and weapons... take it out of the hands of the politicians. Basically force their will on us whether we vote for the change or not.

Just like they used money to buy Biden the election (promises of $2000 to lazy losers).

Remember the Scheels VISA card? I do - which is why I don't own one any longer.

Guywhoisright nailed it. I’ve been saying this for years: https://nodakangler.com/forums/thre...s-here-and-it-didn-t-come-from-the-government

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm worried about the huge tax they're talking about implementing.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I to have concerns. I would guess some will stand in line to give up there AR ( i know a few) and at the other end some will say no way, no matter what, to giving them up.
It's a way for our gov. to begin the process of getting control of us and who knows what they will do once they get control. It will not stop with just ARs. Our leaders are not to be trusted.
I'm in the middle of this but i cannot give up a weapon nor allow them to use the back door by taxing or other methods they may use. i cannot let them know what weapons i may have.

The only way i see is that we need to stand together and if they come for the weapons (not sure who that will be) we need to say no as a group. What may happen, happens but it needs to happen now, not later. db

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm lucky. I did buy an AR once, but I sold it to what's his name when times got tough.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lost all of mine in a freak canoeing accident up at Lake of the Woods....

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
F77F4506-CAE8-45E8-A6E7-408E36BA7FCE.jpeg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son is on the high school trap team again this spring, they will not be having state this year, as the ability to secure the shells needed to host this event is unattainable.
Trap loads are gone, almost all rifle loads are gone. Not sure WTF is going on, but its getting a bit questionable.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My son is on the high school trap team again this spring, they will not be having state this year, as the ability to secure the shells needed to host this event is unattainable.
Trap loads are gone, almost all rifle loads are gone. Not sure WTF is going on, but its getting a bit questionable.
I thought federal was taking orders for pallets of trap loads from groups like that? Not a ton of trap loads around but you would think enough to shoot. Maybe not enough AA loads?

Huntin1

Established Member
What’s this AR 15 you guys are talking about? It’s an espresso machine, right? No, wait, it’s a snow cone maker, that’s what it is.

I don’t have a snow cone maker. ;:;rofl

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see a plausible way from them to take them. But, given the fact that a large percentage of Americans have zero connections to guns and all they see is bad media on AR's, I think you may be surprised at the support to ban/quit making them. We are a small group anymore, one that understands the power of firearms and more importantly the respect and proper use of them. We have very positive experiences and memories tied to them, which is far different that most of the country that only sees them used for death & destruction. I have no idea what they might do to limit them though, wait and react is about all we can do.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see a plausible way from them to take them. But, given the fact that a large percentage of Americans have zero connections to guns and all they see is bad media on AR's, I think you may be surprised at the support to ban/quit making them. We are a small group anymore, one that understands the power of firearms and more importantly the respect and proper use of them. We have very positive experiences and memories tied to them, which is far different that most of the country that only sees them used for death & destruction. I have no idea what they might do to limit them though, wait and react is about all we can do.

What I personally see happening isn't them necessarily just taking them... at first..... I see them offering buy back programs and running huge shaming campains to get people to feel bad about owning one so they will partake in the buy backs. After doing this for a while, I believe they will eventually say "enough is enough, you've had your chance to participate in the buybacks, now we are going to come take them by force". At that point they would have already disarmed a fair portion of the country who are on the fence about the guns and will have turned them in at a buyback... they couldn't fight back now even if they wanted to.. then it will be all out mayhem and some folks who have been lucky to not have an unfortunate boating accident that lost all their AR-15s will have to make some choices...

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When the AR's are gone from the people thats when we will see true death and distruction. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33