Cabos San Lucas fishing

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg
This is Gorde Le Le. It's a tiny taco shop downtown. If you are lucky he will sing to you while you are there. Cheap food and delicious. Authentic Mexican food.
image.jpg
I think he liked my wife

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here are just two of the fish from that trip. We caught probably ten dorado. A few roosterfish, many Bonita, needlefish, mackerel and others. Was a fun time.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does he know "Freewheel Burnin'" by Priest?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool, thanks guys.

Obviously he does, he was a roadie with them for 11 yrs, up until the whole homosexual story broke.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I don't have any info on which guide to hire, I would recommend a restaurant called "the Office". It is right on the sand beach..and i mean right on the beach. Good food and good memosa's! And a place to avoid..unless they have cleaned it up..is Cabo Wabo, Sammy Hagar's bar/restaurant. We went in there to try it to see what it was like...but the place stunk.. and i mean really smelly.
On a side note, some of you jokers are talking about bites and mosquitos and all. We happened to be down in Cabo when that huge H1N1 swine flu scare was going on. We were staying at a Resort so didn't see much or hear much about it except we heard the cruise ships weren't stopping in Cabo for a few weeks. Something about not letting tourists catch something from the locals. haha But when it was time to fly home, things changed. Holy crap the airport was full of people wearing white masks over their faces so as not to catch something. In line we all had to have our temperature taken and if it was too high...you couldn't fly. Something about not wanting some sick passenger infecting a plane full of people. Some people on the plane kept their masks on. I thought it was kinda funny and weird at the same time.
I had a message on my cell when we reached MSP from my boss wondering if i was ok and was it true Mexico is crawling with the swine flu epidemic and if i was infected that i probably should take some days off..hahahhahaa.. I am fine i said.
All that being said....sure, i would go back to Cabo.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I am not, not going to go now. The money has already been spent.
iffen I get sick and whatnot, then I will wish I stayed in my mothers basement, wrapped in bubble wrap, and a thermometer up the wazoo.

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fished out of http://www.cabovillasbeachresort.com/bad-medicine-charter.htm.. Guy from DL owns Cabo villas along with the Bad Medicine charter.. We caught around 20 tuna the one time I fished with them fished on another charter and we hooked 4 striped Marlin and landed three, can't remember the charter name though. Bad medicine did win the black and blue tourney one year as well.

eyecatcher

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple coworkers are going to Cabo the 7th to the 12th of February, they booked a charter through Piesces.

I fished with Piesces last year. They put us on a Marlin which was awesome. I was hoping after we caught it we would have went and looked for smaller fish for some more action. Our captain could not speak English. I didn't like this as I would have liked to ask questions about the fishing. The Dos Equis I had while fishing was probably the best beer I ever had. Probably cause beer is better in a boat!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just watched Cartel Land on Netflix. I'm never going to Mexico. Never ever ever ever. Or Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, or California. Juanr, don't watch Cartel Land.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just watched Cartel Land on Netflix. I'm never going to Mexico. Never ever ever ever. Or Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, or California. Juanr, don't watch Cartel Land.

Wonder where sean Penn goes on spring break :)

I went to Walmart twice this month of January. The 13th Ave and the one once u get into downtown off the strip in cun.

Prices higher in mx
Parking lot had shade tops and full of new chevy
Store was clean and oderly
Had a food court
No foreigners working and no workers standing around

13th Ave
Nobody speaks English
Trash in parking lot; campers and old cars
Poorly stocked and worker standing around

Just an observation

Mac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got back from cabo Friday night, whole family had a blast, fished last Sunday, and Tuesday, tuna are really going hard 30 miles off shore, we just chased Marlin, derato, and wahoo,
Ask for Tito on the docks, everyone knows who he is, great guy, hooked us up, took great care of us.

Mac

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple of pointers, take your fish to captain Tony's , have them cook your fish for you, do the platter, they cook it 4 different ways for you , well worth it! Comes out to be about 7$ a plate all said and done, then when your done with supper head over to the mango deck! And enjoy some entertainment! We had the kids with us didn't know what we were in for, umm yeah don't have your kids with you, it went from rated pg13 to x rated in about half hour of being there, it was an experience they won't soon forget!
We stayed out at sunset beach, great place! The rooms are a lot bigger than pueblo Bonita down town, but it is a bit of a drive,
the people are great around there
have a great trip,
if you do find Tito, tell him you talked to senior chad and senior Lynn, the guys who were on the broke down panga last Tuesday with captain Paublo! He will know the story, maybe give you a better deal,

tsioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever done a pangas boat charter out of Cabo? Looks to be a cheaper alternative to some of the larger boats available. They still pull in a good amount of Marlin/Dorado despite fishing only a mile off shore. Having a tough time coughing up the dough for a charter twice the price to have a chance to catch the same type of fish.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you heading down?

We will be there the 22nd to the 1st, maybe we could split a charter if that's around the time you are going.

tsioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be there middle of March so dates don't quite line up. Muchas Gracias on the offer however!

Dryfly36

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try Bajaraiders Fishing. Captain Tony was great. 6 hookups and 4 landed on marlin.

Mac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had just fished out of a panga, boat two weeks ago, not a good experience, 1 st boat broke down before even getting out of the harbor, we transferred to second panga while the charter boats were leaving, very bad idea! We fished up the coast for about 7 miles to the second light house, then went 5 miles out from shore, second panga broke down, drifted aimlessly for 4 hrs before some one came out to get us! It's whale season there right now, being in a panga 5 or 6 miles off shore, too many whales! Not a good idea! Needless to say we only caught two derado, but we have a story for a life time!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just landed, an afternoon of relax, then fishing on Tuesday, golf wed, quads thurs, beach fri, fishing if good again sat.
Hopefully posting picks of the catch

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had just fished out of a panga, boat two weeks ago, not a good experience, 1 st boat broke down before even getting out of the harbor, we transferred to second panga while the charter boats were leaving, very bad idea! We fished up the coast for about 7 miles to the second light house, then went 5 miles out from shore, second panga broke down, drifted aimlessly for 4 hrs before some one came out to get us! It's whale season there right now, being in a panga 5 or 6 miles off shore, too many whales! Not a good idea! Needless to say we only caught two derado, but we have a story for a life time!

I'm glad to hear I am not the only one with shitty luck on fishing charters. I had one run us aground coming out of Hatteras on the Outer Banks the last time. We spent about an hour listing a good 30 degrees before he wallered it off the sand bar. Stupid bastard decided to ignore the Corps buoys marking the channel. Two hours after we got off the sandbar we were driven back to port by high winds and a squall moving through. We went chasing cobia and only saw one. The day before they slaughtered the damn things. FML

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad to hear I am not the only one with shitty luck on fishing charters. I had one run us aground coming out of Hatteras on the Outer Banks the last time. We spent about an hour listing a good 30 degrees before he wallered it off the sand bar. Stupid bastard decided to ignore the Corps buoys marking the channel. Two hours after we got off the sandbar we were driven back to port by high winds and a squall moving through. We went chasing cobia and only saw one. The day before they slaughtered the damn things. FML

I've been on two expensive ocean boat rides in my day. I hear ya

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51