Can I rent short term dock space at a Sak marina?

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive got some work to do to my boat trailer and need my boat off it for a week or two. Can i rent a spot at ft stevenson or sak state park to tie my boat up til my trailers done? Or do you guys have any other suggestions for a way to get my boat off the trailer for a week or two.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
A friend of mine took his to moritz in Bismarck and they took the boat off the trailer and stored it for him for $200.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
This guy could probably give u some tips on taking it off your trailer.
boat_3.jpg

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive got some work to do to my boat trailer and need my boat off it for a week or two. Can i rent a spot at ft stevenson or sak state park to tie my boat up til my trailers done? Or do you guys have any other suggestions for a way to get my boat off the trailer for a week or two.

Never hurts to ask. I buy a ramp pass every year @ Misty Waters marina in Bismarck and they have treated me good when I have needed to do trailer maintenance a few times over the years. I have left my boat at the courtesy dock over night a couple times and once they just let me use an empty slip that had been vacated already towards the end of the season.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's a roller trailer you can tie off on transom u-bolts, pull it off the trailer onto some old truck tires. Winch it back on later. It can take it. I think? :)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's a roller you can just push it off onto the grass and tarp it. Crank it back on when you are done. Works best to unhook the trailer to get it started and then hook it back up when the boat is mostly back on the trailer. I have personally done this twice with my 17 foot tiller.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, its a big heavy fiberglass 19' skeeter on bunks.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad you didn't know a dock owner on Audubon. Maybe someone here has a contact their that could help you out.

Sakangler

Banned
Banned
State park, not sure if there open this time of year, but I've rented the slips right by the office on the docks over the years for days up to a week for 20 bucks a day.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe rent a used trailer capable of hauling your boat from local dealer? Bet a lot of dealers would rent a trailer for $20/day. And you don't have to wait for docks to be ready, drive a long way, etc.

Rent local trailer, go to local ramp and switch boat over - fix yours - then switch back.

Boat stays parked where you know it's safe/secure.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56