Canada Smoke

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
This is the third year of smoke pollution from Canada. The US needs to file a class action lawsuit against Canada for gross mismanagement of their forests and for damages. The leadership in Canada doesn't seem to care about the fallout from their fires. In fact, I heard they were promoting them in the name of Climate Change. I bet if they were being fined like one Billion dollars a day for the CO2 smoke pollution, they would be out very quickly. Many people in America are suffering and dying from this ongoing smoke.
I don't know about the suing part since the US is on fire here and there as well but I HATE when the smoke is so bad. M youngest has asthma so he's stuck indoors for days at a time because of it. Bleugh.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in Fargo all this last weekend could not even smell or see a hint of any smoke while we ran dogs all weekend . It was wetter than I have seen for a while:. Driving back and forth didn’t see much sign of smoke
Yeah it hasn't been bad as far as breathing, to me at least. I can kind of tell by looking into the sky sometimes or out in the open certain parts of the days. Late last night I went on a conditioning run from about 8:45-9:15'ish with the dogs and didn't feel any extra stress breathing besides my run pace.
Where were you running dogs up here, there is a navhda club up here that does some trial about 1-2mi from my house but I never seem to have time to stop in and check things out or visit

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah it hasn't been bad as far as breathing, to me at least. I can kind of tell by looking into the sky sometimes or out in the open certain parts of the days. Late last night I went on a conditioning run from about 8:45-9:15'ish with the dogs and didn't feel any extra stress breathing besides my run pace.
Where were you running dogs up here, there is a navhda club up here that does some trial about 1-2mi from my house but I never seem to have time to stop in and check things out or visit
Yep i was over at Glyndon at the north dakota retriever club. It was my hrc club annual test. They have their field trial this weekend starting friday. If some one wanted to see what the best retrievers in the country look like there are 91 all age open dogs running with trainers like Danny Farmer and Jimmie Darnel running would be a fun weekend to watch. Really nice grounds over their to.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
just my non medical opinion... all summer in an air conditioned home and/or work place will do that to a person... make them sensitive to non air conditioned air. when i was a kid, 95% of the kids with "allergies" were the kids who had air conditioning and spent way too much time in said air conditioning.

Wally World

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They would file a lawsuit against the U.S for climate change causing the fires.. caused by us if we were ever to sue them..and the way shits going they would win.
Castro Jr. and some far-left states are promoting these fires to promote climate change legislation worldwide to increase taxation and burdensome regulations. As far as a lawsuit against the perpetrators, injured parties always have a right to sue other countries as well as other states or anyone who inflicts injury or damage.

Wait until Trump gets in, I bet these fires will burn out really quick!

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Angry? Sue someone, it’s the American way. Seriously, these fires are natural. Have we made it worse with full suppression efforts? Yes. Has banned logging hurt us? I don’t think so in most cases. Many of these fires are in areas that just aren’t economically feasible to log. Heck, the Blsck Hills of SD about to lose another sawmill. Why? Steep slope logging isn’t economically feasible in the current market. And nobody can agree on how much timber is even out there in the accessible areas. Word on the street is another huge timber mill on the west coast is closing today. It’s not a lack of trees or access. The market is shit and they can’t make it work. I’m in the industry and fully support logging and forest management. But if you think a lack of that is causing the issues, let alone a lawsuit will fix it, you’re delusional.

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
just my non medical opinion... all summer in an air conditioned home and/or work place will do that to a person... make them sensitive to non air conditioned air. when i was a kid, 95% of the kids with "allergies" were the kids who had air conditioning and spent way too much time in said air conditioning.
lol That can be true in some cases, from people just not being exposed to things, but with bad air quality and actual health conditions, it's def not from just staying indoors with air conditioning lol

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the third year of smoke pollution from Canada. The US needs to file a class action lawsuit against Canada for gross mismanagement of their forests and for damages. The leadership in Canada doesn't seem to care about the fallout from their fires. In fact, I heard they were promoting them in the name of Climate Change. I bet if they were being fined like one Billion dollars a day for the CO2 smoke pollution, they would be out very quickly. Many people in America are suffering and dying from this ongoing smoke.
Rather than suing, let’s invade Canada and kick their smoky asses. 🤣

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have been working outside all summer. I don't smell any smoke. My eyes sure get dry. Other than that I don't notice the smoke.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Angry? Sue someone, it’s the American way. Seriously, these fires are natural. Have we made it worse with full suppression efforts? Yes. Has banned logging hurt us? I don’t think so in most cases. Many of these fires are in areas that just aren’t economically feasible to log. Heck, the Blsck Hills of SD about to lose another sawmill. Why? Steep slope logging isn’t economically feasible in the current market. And nobody can agree on how much timber is even out there in the accessible areas. Word on the street is another huge timber mill on the west coast is closing today. It’s not a lack of trees or access. The market is shit and they can’t make it work. I’m in the industry and fully support logging and forest management. But if you think a lack of that is causing the issues, let alone a lawsuit will fix it, you’re delusional.
Forest management isn't just logging, its also creating some breaks, and clearing a bit of dead fall. Some of these fires could be lessened, or at least in my non logging brain could be.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Castro Jr. and some far-left states are promoting these fires to promote climate change legislation worldwide to increase taxation and burdensome regulations. As far as a lawsuit against the perpetrators, injured parties always have a right to sue other countries as well as other states or anyone who inflicts injury or damage.

Wait until Trump gets in, I bet these fires will burn out really quick!

You don't ever quit do you.

Wow.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny how people will start a fire and sit next to it till their clothes reek of smoke and it's fun but a whiff of wildfire smoke is so unhealthy .
A few people starting a fire recreationally isnt nearly the same as subjecting millions of people to months of smoke yearly. People can and will develop long term lung problems from this, likely ending up with decreased life expectancy because of it. This is not trivial in the least and should be addressed. My proposed solution would be to identify areas that are likely to burn, overgrown or whatever and light them up when the conditions are favorable. Do as many as possible at once so we can keep people inside for a few weeks while a majority of the overgrown areas that SHOULD be burning naturally are cleared out, and that could buy us years or decades of little to no smoke going forward while those areas regrow. People have thought for too long that forrest management means preventing fires, but forests are like a phoenix, they are designed to burn occasionally and they will rise again from the ashes.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few people starting a fire recreationally isnt nearly the same as subjecting millions of people to months of smoke yearly. People can and will develop long term lung problems from this, likely ending up with decreased life expectancy because of it. This is not trivial in the least and should be addressed. My proposed solution would be to identify areas that are likely to burn, overgrown or whatever and light them up when the conditions are favorable. Do as many as possible at once so we can keep people inside for a few weeks while a majority of the overgrown areas that SHOULD be burning naturally are cleared out, and that could buy us years or decades of little to no smoke going forward while those areas regrow. People have thought for too long that forrest management means preventing fires, but forests are like a phoenix, they are designed to burn occasionally and they will rise again from the ashes.
Just two weeks to slow the smoke........

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Woah…. Thats a wild thought. Imagine what would happen to wildlife populations.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friends in the middle/western parts of the state: Are you feeling this?

1725513288121.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 123
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 41