Car Play

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question I have a 2018 Chevy Silverado and an older Iphone 6s. I am trying to get it set to track so that my trail is always up. Haven't found the secret yet. Or maybe it can't be done. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rub cowshit on it so you won't lick it. Works for fever blisters.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Either way, it should be easily fixable. I've never heard of such a problem. I insist mine are always North up

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_8760.jpeg

IMG_8761.jpeg

does carplay not show arrow that toggle’s condition?

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Has anyone purchased a "car play" screen? I have a 2016 pickup and its to old to pull stuff up on the dash. I see there are a bunch of different companies that make a separate screen you can put in your vehicle that acts like car play. That way I can and would take it from vehicle to vehicle so I don't have to look at my phone the entire time for OnX.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
From my experience with CarPlay and OnX, there is no North up feature on CarPlay like there is on your phone and once connected it does not follow suit. I could be wrong and hopefully I am, but i couldn't find a way to make the screen on my pickup follow how my phone was running.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
are you guys saying you can get your onx from your phone to show on your vehicle screen?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
are you guys saying you can get your onx from your phone to show on your vehicle screen?
Yes.

Has anyone purchased a "car play" screen? I have a 2016 pickup and its to old to pull stuff up on the dash. I see there are a bunch of different companies that make a separate screen you can put in your vehicle that acts like car play. That way I can and would take it from vehicle to vehicle so I don't have to look at my phone the entire time for OnX.
No.

But I put a new "radio" in my '11 Ford pickup that allows for CarPlay. It works great and OnX always runs "track-up". Sometimes landowner names/contact info is tough to pull from the dash-unit, but, I can nab it off my phone like normal. My "radio" requires me to be plugged in via USB/Lightning cable to run CarPlay so my phone is always close enough to pull data if I can't get what I want off the bigger in-dash screen.

A buddy has a '23 F150 and the screen in that thing is HUGE. Pretty slick for running OnX/CarPlay.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Amazon product

This is what I thought about going to. That way I can take it in different vehicles if I wanted to. I was looking to see if anyone else had gone this way. Thanks for all the information guys.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone bought the "magic boxes" out there to take your wired carplay screen via USB (in my case 2019 F150 w/ SYNC) to allow wireless carplay?

Man is OnX a battery draw on your cell phone if you aren't plugged in, my buddies 22' F150 zaps his cell battery in a matter of an hour or two.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84