Cat taken Fort Ransom

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always wondered if i saw a cat if i would actually take it or not, part of me thinks I would let it walk and just enjoy the experience. I think it would be awesome to see the dogs track and tree a cat but i think that's about where it would end for me. I guess i just don't have much interest in shooting cats and bears, but I also don't care at all if other people do.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a big chaunch. I dont think that jogger in CO would have stood a chance against this lion.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have always wondered if i saw a cat if i would actually take it or not, part of me thinks I would let it walk and just enjoy the experience. I think it would be awesome to see the dogs track and tree a cat but i think that's about where it would end for me. I guess i just don't have much interest in shooting cats and bears, but I also don't care at all if other people do.[/QUOTE]

^^That is the key. All I am saying is that as outdoorsmen/women, we can't judge others by what they do or how they do it as long as they are following the laws. Whether YOU think it ethical or not is YOUR choice. We can't knock others for THEIR choice. I've never shot a cat, a bear over bait, a deer or turkey off a pile of bait, I don't have a scope on my muzzle-loader, among other things. I prefer fishing to hunting because you can release any fish you catch and pulling a trigger is permanent. Each of us have our own moral compass which is what is fun about a a site/thread like this because we get to see how other people's moral compasses guide them.
I read somewhere (not sure if this is 100% true, but it makes sense) that in the US the number of outdoorsmen/women vs. Antis is nearly even. As outdoorsmen/women we need to support other outdoorsmen/women as long as they are following the laws. Also, we do not need to convert non-outdoors people, we just need to show them the importance and positive impact that outdoorsmen have. If we fail to do that, the antis will get them to believe their side.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If dogs could chase coyotes up a tree and we could blast them with shotguns would that be different?

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If dogs could chase coyotes up a tree and we could blast them with shotguns would that be different?

ive watched greyhounds chase down coyotes and that is something i'll never forget. It was both awesome and horrific at the same time

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member

YES!! Coyotes deserve to die! Doesn't matter how!!

Although I prefer to run them over with a snowmobile. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

ive watched greyhounds chase down coyotes and that is something i'll never forget. It was both awesome and horrific at the same time

Well when this new bill passes it will put an end to that.....unfortunately.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If only the had bred a dog for deer....oh wait

Scottish-Deerhound-On-White-04.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

(Scottish deer hound) BTW

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad the cat is gone. Some of reports this fall of one in the valley. Guess it was true. Made my trip to the stand in the dark more interesting.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i could get down with the hound chase too. but, i also think i would have a problem shooting them out of a tree for some reason. also got no problem with folks who do. but, don't think it would be my cup of tea.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no problem with shooting shit out of trees been doing it since i got my first bb gun.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Game and Fish must be stocking up their stock trailer for a trip over to your neck of the woods, got to replace what was taken

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't care how or what you use to dispatch a cat of any size house cat all the way to a African lion killem all I've never seen or heard of a cat I cared for they are all killers keep the pop. down by any means necessary in my book.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
IMG_2148 (1).jpg

Speaking of shooting shit out of trees...my daughter sent this to me at work this afternoon...maybe the culprit that has been getting into the cat food in the barn...if he was, he isn't anymore...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now that might be the one animal I give a pass. They eat ticks like a fat kid does bite size snickers I hate ticks

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It is interesting how many think it is unethical to use dogs to run cats but same person will use bait to shoot a whitetail with a bow or use a rifle to hunt a deer or have to shoot it at 1000 yds or use a fish finder on their boat. Shut up and hunt! You keep judging our sport we won't have one to judge.

Sluggin_Guts

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to the pics it looked like the kitten was stock piling the deer carcasses. I assume all the snow and herded up deer made for easy hunting and the cat was just meal prepping for down the road. It's no different than when I go fishing most Sundays and keep 7 or 8 walleyes so I can have lunch for the rest of the week.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33