Co-workers claiming her husband is Ice fishing on Audubon, is it walk on up there?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wait until I see other activity on the ice, and the ice is a good 6+ thick. I am older, less in shape, and for sure less of a school girl giddy about catching a limit of fish.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Super early ice fishing is creepy to me but for reasons people might not think of. It's not just the fact that you might be lucky enough not to go through. What if you are on 4 or 5 inch ice and your neighbor goes thru 100 feet away from you. How could you not rush towards them to try to help them? What if they were stupid enough to be fishing on 3 inches of ice? Having to be forced to watch someone drown to death that close to you or being forced just by being a decent human being to rush to help someone that you know is on unsafe ice I would think would haunt you for the rest of your life.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still wearing waders, and am not done yet. I'll be wader fishing in the spring mighty early, and if I must fish in the winter, the tailrace is open. Falling through the ice, ESPECIALLY where there could be current, is enough to send piss-shivers down my spine. I'll wait until it's quite thick.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve been through a few times in the last 35 years last time was 23 years ago! Experience I can say is key ! If you are on 5” and up and can hear the ice crunch when you walk or see water coming through thicker ice you should have been off an hour before! Late ice is worse,first ice be very cautious! Don’t drown!

And yea I bet that guy is pissed at his wife!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
OAHE iced over at Fort Yates last night. I had to do a double take when I took my drive at lunch.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah about that ended up taking a swim during deer season after seeing deer go into a small slough we went in after them very cautious about venturing onto the ice clear ice wasn't deep probable two foot at most was walking in the reeds feeling safe as my youngest was 20 yards away and weighs 30 to 40 pounds more than me with no issues no cracks seemed safe then fell through 2 feet of water and another 2 feet of muck brought me up to my chest then then fun of trying to make it out with the ice breaking til I could manage to crawl up on a muskrat hut kinda put the fear of God into me. No fish is worth it no big buck is worth it period

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88