Coot! crows of the swamp~

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes they call them BLM rallies. Not so much of a banquet but more of a party with no boundaries.

maybe we need to organize a rally at sidelines in bismarck, sounds like a good spot for this?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to use the drake diver decoys with white backs when hunting mallards or divers. The white backs are seen by much farther distance away and have a great drawing power. By hey let the anti diver snobs stick with their all mallard spreads!

I have heard about swans, Herron, and coots being good confidence decoys, but in my neck of the woods not much is needed to bring in unpressured birds.
If im targeting canvas backs i always bring the swan spread with. Have one spot where shooting coots in the air is comon and if there are no ducks working we will heat up the barrels on those little black bastards! Always talked about getting a bunch of coot decoys because it doesn't take long for the duck to realize the big coot rafts = safety. Once that shit starts your day just got a whole lot tougher.

JCNodak

Honored Member
Not to be a downer her but wouldn't arbitrarily blasting away coots just to exterminate them and not "harvesting" them be considered Wanton Waste? :;:stirthepot

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to be a downer her but wouldn't arbitrarily blasting away coots just to exterminate them and not "harvesting" them be considered Wanton Waste? :;:stirthepot

I will process them and use them as dog food. Seems like a really swell idea to train a dog to eat the things it retrieves ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

If you want your cringe for the day, try to sit through this entire video of "Cooking with Coots Unlimited." I only made it to the 2 minute mark:

I didn't make it a minute.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 208
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 71