Couple Spinner rig ???

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes the barbs on the SD hooks are terrible, trying to get the worm to stay in a forward position on them is difficult.

Smallies can make short order of bait these last few years too, making the need for about a gross of crawlers on every outing.

I wish DL had small mouth bass. they are neat.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use Gulp 4" worms in the pumpkinseed color on my slow death hooks. They work great, as they are more durable then real crawlers. I also tie some slow death hooks up for spinner rigs. I use the smaller size hooks for those, I cant remember what the size is right off the top of my head.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was planning on putting a barrel swivel instead of a loop on all the rigs I make.

I've done both!!

With slow death, make sure you use a quality barrell
swivel

- - - Updated - - -

I use a palomar knot to the hook and always leave a tag end. Feed the worm on the hook, past the tag end. This will help hold the crawler in place during short bites and little schools of perch.

leave the tag end a little longer than normal rigs so that it aids in keeping the crawler where it needs to be. Feed the crawler up the hook until the nose of the crawler is beyond the eye of the hook and the tag end is "snagged'' into the nose of the crawler as well.

I used to fish the Govs cup at the turn of the Century (a long time ago). The slow death was our go to usually during that time of the year on Sakakawea. Of course that SLOW DEATH HOOK wasn't available at that time. Did well using the lightweight long (aberdeen style) shanked TrueTurn hook back then. Just need to put a little bit bigger bend in them. Remember the lighter the hook the better they will stay "up" off the bottom in snaggy situations and usually they seem sharper.

And you can get the true turn hook in a bait keeper style to help aid in keeping the crawler up on the shank like these. not sure the Slow Death hook has bait keeper style ???

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Tru-...=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=10027714&rid=20

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88