Crane hunting?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If we are on a dedicated crane hunt the dog will be wearing Rex specs. They are some mean son of bitches. Waterfowl is my favorite game meat and the crane is at the top with fat mallards and specks.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had the opportunity to have a set feed and hunt. Always here one day gone the next. I have had days of non stop migrators low but doubt you’d get many to decoy. Might be one hunt I’d pay to try for a day or two. And that is hard to admit!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had the opportunity to have a set feed and hunt. Always here one day gone the next. I have had days of non stop migrators low but doubt you’d get many to decoy. Might be one hunt I’d pay to try for a day or two. And that is hard to admit!
I have got it to work a couple times and watching those big ass birds float in is a sight to be seen. We have had more sticking around year after year kind of like the specks.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years back we hunted them just west of wing nd. We sat on a fence line on school land between to large sloughs and would path shoot them along with geese. It was miss more than hit to be in the right spot along that qtr mile fence.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 373
  • This month: 184
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 130
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 59