Crazy Dreams

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
So in the crazy dream department. Last night I dreamt there was a grizzly bearwalking along the fence in front of ourhouse. Blur. Blur. Blur. I am at the next window and the bear hassomething, it’s yellow. My first thoughtis a cat, whew no yellow cats at our house. Holy crap.. it’s a kid! Blur. Blur. Blur. Bear is now two housesdown, kid’s mom is getting kid away from bear… Need to get gun and go help…. Blur. Blur. Blur. What gun???? My choices are a 270 bolt action, accurate, huntingloads… but just seems too slow andweak. Pistol! 45, 40, but all have FMJs and I am not a very good shot. Shotgun… has to be my trusty 870, and I know where some buckshot is… Bingo….. and I wake up..

Did I choose the right weapon?

What crazy dreams do you have?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
"I had a dream that a hamburger was eating me...." Jerry Seinfeld.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hmmm... great question

870 with buckshot is the most effective at instant stops IMO - but that means you have to get into really short range with a grizz - that's lionslayer territory - for me that's brownshorts territory - if the 870 is a pump then you better be a fast pumper

I would prefer to stay back at some safe distance and deliver 270s over and over again until cumulative effects take their toll

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Accurate to 2 MOA, especially useful if said bear takes cover behind concrete.

image.jpg

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure why my dream didn't include an AR, but them are mostly FMJ in any full clips. Sure was an adrenaline rush to wake up to. Glad I forgot the code to open the gun safe beside the bed or our fat black bobtail cat might have roared his last.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
depends if it was my kid or the neighbors. . . my kid, I would charge said bear with my 870 until the barrel touched under its throat and pull the trigger. this would all happen in one swift motion and while I jumped from 25 ft away and in slow motion like Brad Pitt in the movie "Troy". . . . . If it was my neighbors kid I'd bust out the window in my upstairs and shoot at the bear from the safety and comfort of my air-conditioned home with the 270.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the change the subject but a few years back I repeatedly had a similar dream where I'd see a yeti or sasquatch in my yard or looking in my windows. sometimes it was king kong. every so often it be a giant t-rex. but it always involved me getting the guns and shooting out the window . sometimes I was alone and sometimes friends and family were at the house. a majority of the dreams were cold blustery wintery nights in my childhood home in N.E. ND. I never finished any dreams, I'd always wake up sweating or in a panic. Haven't had the dream in awhile but had it regularily for a few years. any dream readers out there?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
funny this came up... yesterday a buddy tells me he has one with a VERY hot chick all over him and talking dirty... he backs away and says "sorry, i'm married"... guess what, he couldn't get back to sleep to finish the deal... he looked devastated... ;:;banghead

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never been so happy to have my kids wake me up as I was this morning. I pulled up to a field and got out and sit behind a boulder to wait out some coyotes (was I calling them?) I hear a pickup coming and it's my cousin, he signals for me to hop in. I look back towards my vehicle and see a marked vehicle with a warden sitting in it watching us. I think nothing of it as we're not breaking any rules. Pretty soon cousin gets a voicemail saying we're trespassing on posted land and driving off the section line. We've committed felonies and we're going to jail. Cousin and I are in a panic as we were certain it was unposted and we stayed on the section line. That's when the kids woke me up. What a relief.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was 5 or 6, I would have this dream that the tickle monster would tickle me until I pissed my pants. The crazy things is when I woke up I actually did. I tried to tell the tickle monster that I wasn't ticklish but he never listened. Then when I was 12 or 13, I would have this dream three hotties would try to tickle me but only to wake up in a wet dream. LOL

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79