Dakota Waters Tournament?

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody check this out, fishing was tough, rude fisherman taking up spots they never fished than second day out they go first out find where top 10 have been. Lake has been interesting this year on east side. Alot pros getting ready for AIM too.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dakota waters tournament?? Are you talking about the DWC (Dakota Walleye Classic)? And if you are, that is held out of Beulah Bay.

Also, the pro's that are out fishing this week, that would more than likely be for the NWT that is being held out of Ft Stevenson State Park. Which is over by Garrison.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody check this out, fishing was tough, rude fisherman taking up spots they never fished than second day out they go first out find where top 10 have been. Lake has been interesting this year on east side. Alot pros getting ready for AIM too.
Isn't this every fishing tournament out there that has any type of good money in it? It's like people need the money to survive..

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would second Kurtr. You'll always have the "bad apples" from any group. I've been around more "leisure" fisherman that didn't possess a brain vs tournament fisherman.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't witness too much dumb stuff occur between tourney anglers (DWC). Non-tourney boats have all the right to be fishing next to anyone they want. That being said, tourney boats that zero in on a leaders "spot" have tiny wieners and they're angry about it.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I would second Kurtr. You'll always have the "bad apples" from any group. I've been around more "leisure" fisherman that didn't possess a brain vs tournament fisherman.
Well no shit. You have people that maybe fish with their families or on vacation for a week and you compare that to tournament fishermen. Good lord.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope been in alot and had very few problems
That you noticed. Been in big muddy spring and fall, Dakota waters, gov cup. All of them had people that would follow boats. Nothing to do with how they are run it's some of the guys that would fish it. Let me add this is not a majority..200 boats you may have 3 boats..but the 3 can ruin it for other guys fishing.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The thought of winning money turns some into a shitbag. Substantial money on the line. Assholes stop at nothing.
100% agree..this doesn't apply to all just a few and the few can ruin it when it happens to the guys that are decent and don't need it to jerk off their ego.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I didn't witness too much dumb stuff occur between tourney anglers (DWC). Non-tourney boats have all the right to be fishing next to anyone they want. That being said, tourney boats that zero in on a leaders "spot" have tiny wieners and they're angry about it.
This here..has nothing to do with people out fishing on the weekend. It's the guy fishing the tournament that isn't fish hunting but boat hunting.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That you noticed. Been in big muddy spring and fall, Dakota waters, gov cup. All of them had people that would follow boats. Nothing to do with how they are run it's some of the guys that would fish it. Let me add this is not a majority..200 boats you may have 3 boats..but the 3 can ruin it for other guys fishing.
Yep like I said very few problems.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was on the lake all weekend, zero issues with DWC or NWT boats. Everyone has the same exact "right" to a spot. Doesn't matter if you are a weekend warrior, NWT, first or second DWC flight. If you only have one small spot to win a tourney and cant find any other fish if someone is on that spot you don't deserve to win.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was on the lake all weekend, zero issues with DWC or NWT boats. Everyone has the same exact "right" to a spot. Doesn't matter if you are a weekend warrior, NWT, first or second DWC flight. If you only have one small spot to win a tourney and cant find any other fish if someone is on that spot you don't deserve to win.
Yep you better have a plan bcde and f.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The thought of winning money turns some into a shitbag. Substantial money on the line. Assholes stop at nothing.
It's not the cash they seek... it's the ability to tell everyone they cashed.

The Big Muddy could pay out in Spa D'Athena gift cards and it would change nothing about how it's pre-fished and fished so long as they still have the big scoreboard at the broken whoar.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dakota waters tournament?? Are you talking about the DWC (Dakota Walleye Classic)? And if you are, that is held out of Beulah Bay.

Also, the pro's that are out fishing this week, that would more than likely be for the NWT that is being held out of Ft Stevenson State Park. Which is over by Garrison.
Yes

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree people have the right to fish where they want...but during a tournament usually the guy saying that is also the boat hunter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 60
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 20