Daytona 500

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nascar died when Dale did. Bravo to those of you that still watch today's garbage.
Nascar died for me when they decided to ban the right to free speech by taking away the confederate flag. And pushed race baiting with that worthless driver name Bubba something or other about a pull rope on a overhead garage door. That was it for me

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was big into this when the Hudson/Olds were sitting the pace then the hemis in the sixties. Ended up in the draft and for whatever reason lost interest and for sure when, what i felt was foreign crab racing (Toyota). Lost interest big time with Mopars leaving.

As i look back i think the last race i watch was when Dale die.
First race i watched in years. db

Have no use for the 3 brands racing and they all look the same now days, no chrome.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing missing are the old school drivers like jimmy Spencer. After Spencer set him straight Kurt Busch learned to keep his mouth shut.

2002 – After a crash with Jimmy Spencer in the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Busch called Spencer "a decrepit old has-been, or maybe I should say a never-was." Their feud continued, and Spencer punched Busch in the face after a race at Michigan International Speedway the next season.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't really follow racing at all but I do have a question for any of those of you in the know. I see the Famous AF Thunderbirds did the fly over today....research looks like they have done this for a good number of years. COOL!! They are stationed out of Nevada, I believe. My only comment is..the Navy Blue Angels are from nearby Pensacola... wondering why the TBirds do the flyover at Daytona while the near by Blue Angels do not??? Don't give 2 hoots who does the flyovers as both the TBirds and Blue Angels are ROCK STARS! Just wondering if anyone in the peanut gallery know why the one does the flyover and the other does not? Scheduling issues perhaps?
I’m just spit balling maybe it’s the relation between the ford thunderbird . I asked my brother and he told me he was to busy working to worry about flyovers haha.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I remember watching one race when King Richard was in third and the front two crash and into a fist fight. Richard won. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well it just changed big time with that wreck. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I watch that 79 race from start to finish. As a Petty fan i found myself content for a third-place finish and then that happen. unbelievable, remember it like it happen today. db

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how long it will be before our Government will mandate only EV's be used to race cars?...popcorn...

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just spit balling maybe it’s the relation between the ford thunderbird . I asked my brother and he told me he was to busy working to worry about flyovers haha.
Also spit balling but maybe it alternates year to year? Also, the Blue Angels do their winter training in California so it would be a cross country for either group.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It doesn't take long for an F-18 Hornet to get coast to coast. :cool: They are an unbelievably cool fighter! Having been lucky enough to be stationed on 2 carriers I've had more than a few opportunities to see them up close and personal.

The F-14 Tomcat is also very impressive and BIG! The size of them is the first thing that I noticed walking up on my first one.

I pretty much hate all things that involve large crowds and avoid them like the plague, however whenever the Angles come to town I'm there!!

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rode my motorcycle to Daytona the week of the 500 once. Will NEVER recommend that to anyone. Every bumpkin, schlep, and dinglefritz thinks they are in the 500 and can drive like them. Dangerous as all hell.
We took a bus over so easy in and exit. What can possibly go wrong when 150k+ converge in a parking lot and can bring in as much beer, whiskey, etc. as can be carried and all try to leave at same time 5 hours later. While we had a blast at the 500, we can experience everything we saw by just hopping on Interstate 75 going from Ft Myers to the Villages.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how long it will be before our Government will mandate only EV's be used to race cars?...popcorn...
The introduction of the Next Gen car in 2022 has been one of the biggest changes in NASCAR’s storied history. However, this is just the beginning based on leaked documents obtained by Kickin’ the Tires.

According to the website, NASCAR plans to debut a prototype electric vehicle during a demonstration race at next year’s Clash. After this, the plan is to launch exhibition races in Q3 at six venues aligned with Cup Series races. Each event will feature two 30-minute races, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The introduction of the Next Gen car in 2022 has been one of the biggest changes in NASCAR’s storied history. However, this is just the beginning based on leaked documents obtained by Kickin’ the Tires.

According to the website, NASCAR plans to debut a prototype electric vehicle during a demonstration race at next year’s Clash. After this, the plan is to launch exhibition races in Q3 at six venues aligned with Cup Series races. Each event will feature two 30-minute races, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.
They go ev there will be a new series started. Kyle Larson has already done that in sprint cars. He started high limit sprint car series to compete with the world of outlaws. I could see him and other drivers getting together and making their own sanctioning body .

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe there already is some electric formula 1 racing?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like IT, can't think of a bigger waste of fuel. Oh, and all batteries have to be charged by solar or wind.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88