Deadliest Catch

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if they'll film Edgar this year. Last year they wouldn't show him at all.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone watch the new spinoff Bloodline? If Casey runs the gaf they would starve. lol It's harder then it looks but he would be better off with Clints 22 and CHOOTEM !!!

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol, looks like ol sig got in some trouble too.... assaulted an uber driver while drunk I guess. And it also looks like one of Sigs daughters, from a previous marriage I guess has a case against him claiming he sexually abused her as a toddler 30+ years ago...

Happycamper

Honored Member
different seasons for different species. Do the species inhabit the same waters? Never seem to see Kings mixed in with opilios, etc

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thing i dont get on the show is when they bring the tuna in to get their price from the buyer on the dock...buyer just gives his price and thats it..i would think the guys on the boat would be trying to negotiate for a better price per pound for their catch. Shit..there is more arguing going on at a ball game with umps! haha.. fisherpeople just fall in line with what buyer quotes and that is that. Must be a "dont piss buyer off syndrome" or next catch will be a mere pittance per pound.

That's just the way it is. I don't think I've ever seen anyone arguing with a cattle buyer either come fall. Or fur buyer in the winter, or …..?

I'm guessing you get accustomed to a particular buyer and if/when you think they are screwing you over, you move on to the next.

Sotaman

Established Member
I've only been in the ocean a few times, off CA. Didn't bother me, but I was considerably younger then.

I think (I could be very wrong) what would get me about the Deadliest Catch, would be the constant cold. I'm born and raised ND boy, but being cold and wet for days on end... no thanks.

Tuna fishing is more my speed. They're wearing shorts and flip flops.

Funny thing was we went on a dolphin swim in Hawaii this year. We were in a 25 foot boat or so out for three hours, jumping in and out so snorkel and there were two guys that got sick. And trust me I have been worse rollers on Sak.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny thing was we went on a dolphin swim in Hawaii this year. We were in a 25 foot boat or so out for three hours, jumping in and out so snorkel and there were two guys that got sick. And trust me I have been worse rollers on Sak.

Ocean swells affect people way different than waves in a lake.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 38