Deer blind foggy windows

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I finally built a permanent deer blind cuz I'm sick of buying $2-300 pop up blinds every other year when they get ripped down by the wind and snow. I am ordering Windows from deerviewwindows.com and I'm wondering how I'm going to keep them from fogging up when I crank up the buddy heater in late season?Insulated glass windows were out of the question because I wanted more wide(about 4') than tall windows for being able to see out of it better. I will more than likely have the windows open most of the time while sitting unless it's super cold. Anyways does Anyone got any bright ideas or something that has worked for you to keep the fog off the Windows in a heated blind late season?

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have the same problem, but this past winter tried using a anti fog wipe by windex (purchased at walmart) and they actually worked pretty good, but it did take two applications to get it to work. It was also a daily application!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
little fan blowing on them will help

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

I used a little buddy for one year after that bs of anti fog crap and squeegees I bought a camper heater and built a galvanized box for it and vented the heater and it was a done deal. It was so dry last year we never wiped a window and had no mold in it this spring.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made an ice house and Jamestown glass made my windowed. Any shape you want, and I thought very reasonable price. Double pane, half inch gap.

Edit. In the ice house I wanted to see out the window standing or sitting so they are the opposite of yours. They are 10 inches wide and 30 inches high.

Last edited:

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do I mind if I ask how much the camper heater ran you? And where you bought it at? That sounds like the way to go to me.

IMG_3617.jpg

I used a little buddy for one year after that bs of anti fog crap and squeegees I bought a camper heater and built a galvanized box for it and vented the heater and it was a done deal. It was so dry last year we never wiped a window and had no mold in it this spring.

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ventilation is what's needed, a vented heater would be best, water vapor is a byproduct of combustion along with co, no matter what route you go would definetly mount a co detector in it.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ventilation is what's needed, a vented heater would be best, water vapor is a byproduct of combustion along with co, no matter what route you go would definetly mount a co detector in it.

I second this. What do you have for ventilation in the ceiling? A few spots with small DC fans will do wonders......fan on window may help, but alone only moves the moisture around. Possibly vent the floor and ceiling to get circulation and open both when firing up the heater.

Helps a lot with the CO factor too.

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should add that an exhaust fan in conjunction with a vented heater probly not the best route to go either, as fan could could make blind go negative, backdrafting your heater.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a vented propane heater lined up to put in it now instead of the buddy heater. Thanks for all the input gents.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a vented propane heater lined up to put in it now instead of the buddy heater. Thanks for all the input gents.

Here's the one I used, sorry for the delay, life got in the way! I bought it at Dakota Tackle for 135.00, make sure you have a good box for it as it hangs outside of the blind and seal it up really good. I welded angle iron to the box and bolted it to the deer castle with flat iron on the inside to take the stress off of the wooden structure. I sealed it all up with high temp silicone that I use on headers for cars or pickups.

image.jpg

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it have to hang outside of the blind? I thought those just had to be vented outside?

Here's the one I used, sorry for the delay, life got in the way! I bought it at Dakota Tackle for 135.00, make sure you have a good box for it as it hangs outside of the blind and seal it up really good. I welded angle iron to the box and bolted it to the deer castle with flat iron on the inside to take the stress off of the wooden structure. I sealed it all up with high temp silicone that I use on headers for cars or pickups.

1e4062442bdaf0cb2d0e2aafa0d5d0f0.jpg

DonC

Founding Member
Founding Member
This works great and very inexpensive. Have used it in a high dollar fishing lodge on large windows of dining room. Lodge owner had a heart attack when I sprayed it on the windows. 2 minutes later clear windows and stayed clear.

Light film of dish soap.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I use on my eyeglasses. Works better than anything else.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31