Deer Lottery P. Point Issue

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I have heard from 3 people already that they got hosed out of their preference points during the ND deer lottery. Both Muzz drawing and rifle drawing.

They signed into NDGF webpage to view results and they saw unsuccessful, but also noticed the preference points listed for 2016 were not correct. When they phoned the NDGF they were told they (the applicant) miss typed their SS# during the application process and so the system thought it was a new person with 0 pp.

Said don't worry though they would correct the points so you would have the correct amount going into next year. :;:thumbsup

There is no way that many people mistyped their SS#. Its obvious the system screwed up somewhere.

How many others out there got the same line of BS??

Last edited:

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
The exact same thing happened to my brother and one of his friends and it is complete BS. Nothing they can do at this point. However, going forward I will be saving a copy of my application until the drawing is held so that I can prove my SSN was correct.

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
It happened to me and I'm sure I didn't put in the wrong ss#. I thought I would give them about a week to make sure it wasn't an error on their part and then stop down and get it sorted out.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked again and it show:THE 2015 DEER LOTTERY HAS BEEN RUN.

NO DEER APPLICATION WAS FOUND FOR JEFF BURNS. JEFF BURNS WILL HAVE 0 PREFERENCE POINT(S) FOR THE 2016 DEER LOTTERY.

However, last Friday I received this:
Drawing: 1st Unit 1st Choice
Unit: 4A
Type: ANTLEREDMULE
Result: NotSelected

Someone has some splaining to do Lucy!

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It happened to me also and I had looked at what I would have for points before the drawing started and it stated 0, I figured it was that way for the drawing starting soon and I know my SS# after using it for 30 years in Military. I emailed them and waiting for an answer also. Sucks its that hard to draw and then they handicap you with less points.
dukgnfsn

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something must be messed up with their website. I recieved an email saying I was successful for drawing a tag, but when I log on to site and check results it says no application was found and I will have zero points for 2016. Very strange, but I am guessing things will clear up soon. Sounds like a lot of people are having issues.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happened to me. Says I didn't even apply for a muzzy tag. My e-mail confirmation says otherwise! Not only that, it says I have 0 preference points for the 2016 lottery. I have applied for a muzzy tag 3 times and never been selected so I should have 3 points. Spent 10 minutes on the phone just to get sent to someone else's voicemail. Check your points guys!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because the 2016 lotto has yet to happen, you guys are seeing the next years page when it states no app found, cause no one has sent in for the 2016 yet.

That's my guess anyway.

doesn't matter for me this year as I got my any antlered tag....haha :::. Relax guys, I am just being a jackass like usual.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a thought, but on my elk app I must have not capitalized my first name. When I would try to look up my results it would show no results found until I tried with no captals.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happened to me. Says I didn't even apply for a muzzy tag. My e-mail confirmation says otherwise! Not only that, it says I have 0 preference points for the 2016 lottery. I have applied for a muzzy tag 3 times and never been selected so I should have 3 points. Spent 10 minutes on the phone just to get sent to someone else's voicemail. Check your points guys!

U should have 2 points not 3 if u were not successful 3 times.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I have heard from 3 people already that they got hosed out of their preference points during the ND deer lottery. Both Muzz drawing and rifle drawing.

They signed into NDGF webpage to view results and they saw unsuccessful, but also noticed the preference points listed for 2016 were not correct. When they phoned the NDGF they were told they (the applicant) miss typed their SS# during the application process and so the system thought it was a new person with 0 pp.

Said don't worry though they would correct the points so you would have the correct amount going into next year. :;:thumbsup

There is no way that many people mistyped their SS#. Its obvious the system screwed up somewhere.

How many others out there got the same line of BS??

So under their logic I could submit 2 apps with slitly differnt ss# and they would not catch it and give me 2 tags. That seems like a line of BS! I thought the addition of the DL #'s was so they verify every thing was legit.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
For every unsuccessful application, you get a preference point. I should've had 2 points going into this year (unsuccessful 2 prior applications). With an unsuccessful draw this year, I should have 3 points for 2016.

John, the site shows lottery results for this year. It tells me I was unsuccessful for deer and shows I have a preference point for next year. It then says they have no record of any muzzy app and 0 points for next year. Eric, I applied for both at the same time, so I used the same data/spelling/capitalization.

Hoping to get a call back from NDGF soon, but I would expect everyone in my situation is calling in today. What a mess!

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't this happen last year too? Hopefully they get the bugs worked but I wouldn't hold my breath.

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, I just got back from the Game and Fish office and this is what I found out. Last year when they started requiring the drivers license # your name on your drivers license is what the Game and Fish now goes by. I haven't used my full name in 30 years. I sign "Jeff" on everything, even my ND hunters safety says "Jeff". However, now I must use my full name when searching, and should when applying, for ND hunting licenses. The nice lady and the Game and Fish did a search using my full name and there were my points. Hope this helps!

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, I just got back from the Game and Fish office and this is what I found out. Last year when they started requiring the drivers license # your name on your drivers license is what the Game and Fish now goes by. I haven't used my full name in 30 years. I sign "Jeff" on everything, even my ND hunters safety says "Jeff". However, now I must use my full name when searching, and should when applying, for ND hunting licenses. The nice lady and the Game and Fish did a search using my full name and there were my points. Hope this helps!

I have no doubt they will get the P Points issued figured out before the 2016 draw and people will retain all the points they had/deserve. However, I feel the verbal response they received on the phone last Friday gives clues to the bigger issue.

They were told it was their fault for inputting the wrong SS#. So the system didn't recognize their past PP history. Where did they come up with that? It seems to reason that everyone who has these same issues was essentially in this years draw with 0 points. Tough pill to swallow for the guys who should have had 6 points for a badlands unit and 8 points for Muzz.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
they are a bundle of incompetence. I had six points going into this years draw. I was unsuccessful and am told I have three points for next year. these guys have no clue. the lottery is a complete farce and there needs to be a major overhaul of this system.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So did everyone get put in with 0 points for real?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

If they require your last 4 of your SS, your driver license # and your birth date why do they also need your full name to get your lottery results? if your last 4 from SS card and birth date match that should be all they need to do a cross check.

Shadrap65

Founding Member
Founding Member
I checked the website Friday after the drawing and it showed I will have 5 points for rifle and 6 for muzzle loader for 2016 which would be correct, I assumed I did not get drawn, however checked my email on Saturday and I was successful for antlered Mulie. Went to the G&F today to find out what's going on and they had my SS# screwed up and that's why it showed I still had points for 2016

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75