What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Deer Summary
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Dirty" data-source="post: 342980" data-attributes="member: 6535"><p>Subjective and Objective data work hand in hand. Each is limited on their own, one certainly cannot replace the other, and there are limitations even with both together. I would not be in favor of replacing population surveys with harvest surveys but I am all in favor of using both congruently. To suggest that harvest surveys couldn’t provide an added benefit to population management??? If you have a tool box full of tools, why use just one?</p><p></p><p>My entire academic and professional career has centered around clinical research and that did include subjective data that was extremely valuable, even though you have to account for the fact that it is indeed subjective and dishonesty or simply misinterpreting what is asked in surveys is a factor. This doesn’t make me an expert on anything any more than anyone else, but surveys for game management are far from a waste of time and money, and most harvest surveys I have completed while subjective are very straightforward: Did you hunt? Did you kill? If so, what, when, and where? I could lie through my teeth the whole way through but because I like to hunt, I don’t. I would say most people still fit that bill…of course that is subjective.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Dirty, post: 342980, member: 6535"] Subjective and Objective data work hand in hand. Each is limited on their own, one certainly cannot replace the other, and there are limitations even with both together. I would not be in favor of replacing population surveys with harvest surveys but I am all in favor of using both congruently. To suggest that harvest surveys couldn’t provide an added benefit to population management??? If you have a tool box full of tools, why use just one? My entire academic and professional career has centered around clinical research and that did include subjective data that was extremely valuable, even though you have to account for the fact that it is indeed subjective and dishonesty or simply misinterpreting what is asked in surveys is a factor. This doesn’t make me an expert on anything any more than anyone else, but surveys for game management are far from a waste of time and money, and most harvest surveys I have completed while subjective are very straightforward: Did you hunt? Did you kill? If so, what, when, and where? I could lie through my teeth the whole way through but because I like to hunt, I don’t. I would say most people still fit that bill…of course that is subjective. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
56 minutes ago
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Deer Summary
Top
Bottom