DL Devils 7/21-7/23

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back at it! Annual DL trip with the family and friends did not disappoint. Brought my son for the first time and he was a helluva net man and walleye wrangler. We absolutely nailed the weather. High 70s and low 80s. Winds were from almost dead calm to maybe 15 MPH. And of course, tons of fish. Started off with slow death and crawlers in 20-25 FOW, but quickly found out they preferred leaches. Went through three containers and then luckily found a bait shop in town that had a half pound for $26. Came home with limits of 14-19 inchers, and threw back a lot under. My dad had never been to DL before, and he was blown away. I think Graham's Island could be one of the top fishing-geared campgrounds in the country. Even though it was busy, it remained quiet over night. People were respectful. No garbage. And even the "rugged" bathrooms were in good shape (and little odor). Can't wait for next year!

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
My family also just spent a week out there but stayed at East Bay Campground. First time at that campground but it was really nice. Fished different areas of the lake each outing from East Bay, Black Tiger Bay, Six Mile, and East Devils Lake and every area produced good limits. Met a lot of great people as well!

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stayed at Eastbay Campground and fished east bay with 2 grandkids last week. Caught some nice fish and had a great time. Lots of friendly folks as noted above.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Leeches are hard to come by but Gulp leeches work pretty good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84