Devils Evening Bite

Greenhorn

Honored Member
I'll be driving through Devils Lake next Friday afternoon and am going to try to hit the afternoon/evening bite somewhere. I haven't fished Devils for about 4 yrs and am wondering if someone can advise on depth and/or type of structure to try (trees, old shoreline, etc.)? Also, are there any notable pressure ridges to watch out for?

Thanks guys!
Phil

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
If ya wanna get on em late into the evening, get shallow where it's easy for them to herd bait fish up along shore or a road, etc. Probably, so shallow your Electronics are worthless. 3 dead sticks on bobbers and on good jigger like a sonar or rattle type rap.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn’t Much of a bite of any kind on devils in winter yeh one in every 20 guys gets into them

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
dont show up to late get set up early so your ready for the action.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, I'd suggest getting in next to some trees, off a point. Find somewhere you can string a series of holes (8-10 per angler), in some pattern in 6-17 ft of water. Set up some deadsticks scattered between the depths, and run between the holes with a jigging rod using a jig/minnow head combo. Coming in cold (no recent knowledge), that is your best bet.

Otherwise, you could also use the Bushnell fish locator to just see where everyone else is fishing.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. As earlier noted, make sure you are setup and fishing at least an hour ahead of sunset. The sunset bite can be your best friend.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which one of u chuckle brains parked your truck and trailer right at the bottom of the sled hill?

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Thanks for the replies! I'm still going to try to get out, but won't be too mobile as it looks like it'll be pretty darn chilly.

ndrivrrat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will be headed up to DL on Friday. Going to set up the house by Grahams for the night and morning bites and go mobile during the day. Stop by for a cold one, look for the camo Ice Castle off of the boat ramp on Grahams

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88