Devils lake nwt

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well i have learned a few things about devils lake. It will be fished out by next year if you guys dont get some slots put on there and weight limits on guides. Also there are some shady contractors up there

Never happen ndgf will just stock more fish NEXT year , the NEXT year or etc.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Devils lake isnt stocked and hasnt been for a long time. Stump is the part of the system that has been stocked. Walleyes do not need to be stocked but it would be nice to have millions of perch put in.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well i have learned a few things about devils lake. It will be fished out by next year if you guys dont get some slots put on there and weight limits on guides. Also there are some shady contractors up there

One thing I've learned is the slotters have been saying that for the past 25 years if not longer and our fishing is better today than it's ever been. I know most locals will fight slots big time. We love perch too and the biologists will tell you if u artificially increase your walleye size the perch will suffer. And prior to the 97 flood there was virtually no reproduction on Devils due to the salinity levels. And as the lake goes down that will happen again and the lake will return to being a "stocked" lake.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I've learned is the slotters have been saying that for the past 25 years if not longer and our fishing is better today than it's ever been. I know most locals will fight slots big time. We love perch too and the biologists will tell you if u artificially increase your walleye size the perch will suffer. And prior to the 97 flood there was virtually no reproduction on Devils due to the salinity levels. And as the lake goes down that will happen again and the lake will return to being a "stocked" lake.

:;:exactly

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

I am a local. Saying that big walleye will hurt the perch when the lake is full of pike is ridicuous. The avg size on the heavy pressure areas of the lake are much much smaller than the inaccessible areas of the lake. Go figure.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a local. Saying that big walleye will hurt the perch when the lake is full of pike is ridicuous. The avg size on the heavy pressure areas of the lake are much much smaller than the inaccessible areas of the lake. Go figure.

I am not a local -- but I agree with this local. The fishery has been better in the past. The desperation of a pro to hire someone to cut a opening in a road proves that fact.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me thinks it might be an interesting weigh in day today. :;:stirthepot Wish I could be there to take in the festivities.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not a local -- but I agree with this local. The fishery has been better in the past. The desperation of a pro to hire someone to cut a opening in a road proves that fact.

Now i am all confused i thought it was the fat guides who were behind this mischief . I wonder what they paid the contractor to do this perch fillets and bud heavy

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to watch the weigh in in a bit and maybe go fishing after that. Please keep bitching about stuff so I have something to read when I get back. Thanks!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to watch the weigh in in a bit and maybe go fishing after that. Please keep bitching about stuff so I have something to read when I get back. Thanks!

When you find out let me know how Chad did today. Wish i would have went pre fishing with him.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

Careful when you navigate that cut in highway 281; don't want to take of any glitter off that ranger. :;:cheers

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you find out let me know how Chad did today. Wish i would have went pre fishing with him.

Schilling weighed 10.34lbs today. Said his big fish came unbuttoned today. Still has a shot so far for day 3 with 41.5 lbs.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who told mikey :;:stirthepot

MINNEWAUKAN, N.D. (KFGO-AM) -- Law enforcement is investigating who is responsible for cutting through a section of highway on the west end of Devils Lake.
Benson County Sheriff Steve Rohrer says it appears heavy equipment was used to allow boat access to part of the lake. He says he believes it took place early Mon. and may be tied to improving access for participants in the National Walleye Tournament.
The road, old Hwy. 281, had been under water in recent years. With a drop in the lake level, the highway was again exposed.
Rohrer says the road is owned by a township and cutting through it without authorization is illegal. He says he is following some leads.

- - - Updated - - -

Who told mikey :;:stirthepot

MINNEWAUKAN, N.D. (KFGO-AM) -- Law enforcement is investigating who is responsible for cutting through a section of highway on the west end of Devils Lake.
Benson County Sheriff Steve Rohrer says it appears heavy equipment was used to allow boat access to part of the lake. He says he believes it took place early Mon. and may be tied to improving access for participants in the National Walleye Tournament.
The road, old Hwy. 281, had been under water in recent years. With a drop in the lake level, the highway was again exposed.
Rohrer says the road is owned by a township and cutting through it without authorization is illegal. He says he is following some leads.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Enslow for NDGF fisheries director!!!:;:cheers:;:

To be honest that is the way it is on every fishery that is fished on the face of this earth. If it has fishing pressure and is a good fishery plus part of the lake/river is hard to access. Any place that doesn't get pressure will hold better fish. Elementary my dear Watson er Enslow. Go ahead and blast me like you did poor Zippy. That was as low as a man should go. WTF did Zippy do to deserve that for??

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The guide services have used heavy machinery to access parts of the lake or close areas of lake for years. All the way from lake irvine to east devils lake. Poor zippy got it because of the yelling i have seen from him on lake irvine and east devils lake.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56