DIY Gear Projects

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
delete 424.jpg
one of my call a made with three birds that I got I ended up getting my limit this day

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have made numerous items out of PVC pipe. One project similar to the polar bear tubes is my bottom bouncer (pencil style) storage. I use 2" PVC pipe, one end cap glued on and the other end cap with the expandable rubber thumb screw cap. Label each tube with a black magic marker with its contents. Have made vertical mounted rod holders and net holders out of the same material. A sturdy vertical net holder has the end cap screwed into the floor first before mounting the PVC pipe into the boat where needed. Rod storage above the boat in the garage ceiling out of 1/2 or 3/4 " pvc pipe works well. Plan it out. Screw end caps into the ceiling. A short length of pvc pipe out of that to a 90 degree elbow and long lengths parallel to the ceiling. Use T's with end caps where long runs are needed to keep the pvc from bowing. Glue the ceiling rod storage system up or it may come tumbling down. I made a tarp support out of PVC 3/4" pipe. Works great for single counsel or tiller boat. Amazing how that 3/4" pipe fits perfect in most rod holder holes. Short piece of PVC out of rod holder hole(2-3"). 45 degree elbow. and a length of pipe to get across the beam of the boat and into a like adapter on the other side. I didn't glue any of this up as it was always nice to break it down to store if need be.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alright, some of those pvc projects sound like exactly what I'd need. Especially the tarp support.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I made my arrow holder out of pvc. I cut the head of a 3/8 bolt of and ground it to a point. Drilled a hole in the end cap and put a nut on each side. Just stick it in the ground when your practicing and load it up with arrows. When you change yardage just bring it with you..

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like this

Attachments

image.jpg

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll see if i can dig up some photos DirtyMike and also see if i can figure out how to post them here by weekends end.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
photos died when my last 'puter died. I have since sold the boat, cover and support. But if interested, I can talk you through making one of them PVC support systems for your boat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77