Do you agree

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Live comfortably is open to interpretation. I disagree with the amount.
Agreed: This reminded me of the bitching kids in Kirkuk: "You're not sleeping in a shell crater like the Marines."--svnmag

I understand/agree with the premise of the thread: "Housing" may be the least of their worries after the election with the current marxism and open border.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
GG coined the term: "Luxury Belief": It's going to be sad/satisfying to see all them dissolve.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Comfortably is ones own perception of ones personal life expectations, normal is also based on one's own perception of our surroundings. The video I posted really puts comfortably into perspective based on statistics of different eras in American history. One must get a next level education to live in the same lifestyle of someone 40 years ago. Luckily for north dakota we can live comfortably based on our contentment of life's expectations.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
81 k and single your probably pretty good if you have a couple kids you are barley making it.
I forgot about feeding hungry kids , we made pretty good money when our kids were still at home and seemed like we were broke. Now, just the two of us, we can almost get by with a garden and a 250 Savage. It would be even better if I still heated with wood.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Knowing what I make and what I pay out for known monthly expenses for a family 4 is one level of comfort.
Knowing what I make and what would change without a family of 4 is a different level of comfort.
If I take out the wife and kids I'm sure I would be pretty close because I would have more freed up money and probably find a way to spend some of it, example new 4wheeler/SxS, out of state hunting/fishing, boat, etc.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
'comfort' is very subjective. Id say for a single person, living comfortably would be about half of what they estimate. For me comfort would be a roof over your head, transportation, AC and food. With the amounts they list, Id say according to many, youd be living well.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mr Bass: If you "take out the wife and kids" and get caught, you won't need money.
Life in prison includes free food & lodging. Sadly, it also includes far-to-much luxery items also: TV, computers, video games, etc. ....not such a bad life!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot about feeding hungry kids , we made pretty good money when our kids were still at home and seemed like we were broke. Now, just the two of us, we can almost get by with a garden and a 250 Savage. It would be even better if I still heated with wood.
Ya with daycare costs at 250 a week and the price of food and housing now it would be a tough go at 81 k a year.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mr Bass: If you "take out the wife and kids" and get caught, you won't need money.
Life in prison includes free food & lodging. Sadly, it also includes far-to-much luxery items also: TV, computers, video games, etc. ....not such a bad life!
Haha, I should have probably put it as "if I made different decisions 15-16yrs ago and didn't have the wife and kids"
Anyways I'm fine with where I'm at, the girls are at the age's where I can do fun things with them but probably not far away from it's not so cool to do things with dad.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 4
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1