Do you need a laugh from a true story

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll call this campers from hell.

So this last few days we have been coming in the Michigan Porcupine Mountains Wilderness campground. The first weird thing I noticed was the guy about 55 years old with two young people about 12 years old with him. I guess they were not brother and sister, but for their age their actions made me uncomfortable.

Then ten o'clock rolled around and the quite hours said do not run generators. The west 1/2 of the campgrounds prohibited generators all together. At 10:00 this guy comes out and ties a tarp between two trees. I thought is he going to run that all night behind that sound barrier? Nope he run it all night on my side of the sound barrier.

So next day I complain to the DNR people running the park. They said they got many complaints, but the guy had a CPAP and if they stopped him and he died it woukd be on them. I said how about the guy who can't sleep, and on the way home he falls asleep crosses the median hitting someone killing his family and theirs. Then I walked away from their deer in the headlight look.

The guy smoked so much he used an electric scooter ( stand up like kids use) to run around the park. Then next evening he is gassing up for the night. Evidently someone talked to him because he didnt run the generator all day. Then at exactly 10:00 pm he fired up. 20220820_085059.jpg

So as were both packing the next day I think to myself this guy needs to know his actions are unacceptable. So When he wanders into range I asked him " do you suppose everyone appreciated your generator". Wow did he go nuts. Are you harassing me, are you harassing me, are you harassing me he screeched like a nut job. I coukd have just smiled, but to much temptation and I told him he was confused and he wasn't the victim he was the ahole. He was very talented, I have never met anyone who coukd use F that many times in a sentence. Now its becoming entertaining, and I am bugging him as much as he bugged everyone else. He says I need a CPAP you worthless old bast****d. I asked if he thought putting up the tarp at the very east end of the campground and to blast as much sound as possible at the entire campground with most people in tents was real smart. Then I walked away smiling at him in a barrage of f,f,f,f,.

I didnt sleep well for two nights so I hope I ruined his day.

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
He probably shouldn't be camping in that spot if generator isn't allowed....I'll play devil's advocate and say he held out to run the generator until he went to bed and needed the CPAP. Doesn't make it right, but he did have kids with and may have been doing it for them and making it work, regardless of his health issues.

Doesn't make it right, just speculating......

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't they have battery powered CPaps?

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As someone who camps a lot with my young kids and mostly in a tent and has been next to the guy with the generator going all night to sleep in his damn camper several times, I say a big old eff that guy!

We were gifted an RV rental that we used a few weeks ago and they said don't run the generator for light load and they specifically mentioned CPAP machines. I don't know a thing about campers, but seems the same would be the case here. I always wonder what's the point of "camping" for people like that? See what it's like to watch TV somewhere other than their living room? My Dad always makes fun of a few of his friends that camp every weekend. Same spot every weekend from May til September year after year. They don't fish or even leave the camp site. Just spend thousands of dollars to pull the camper to a designated spot each weekend to sit there. Humans are weird.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
He could of went to a campground with electric hookups to run his CPAP.

I'm with Worm on this one. Just a cup of sugar is all you have to pack along.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your an inconsiderate asshole that doesn't care about other people. :;:huh ;:;rofl

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't Mary Poppins have a song that went something like this ?

In every job that must be done
There is an element of fun
You find the fun and snap!
The job's a game

And every task you undertake
Becomes a piece of cake
A lark! Aspree!
It's very clear to me

That a...
Spoonful of sugar helps the generator go down
The generator go down
The generator go down
Just a spoonful of sugar helps the generator go down
In a most delightful way

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an onboard Onan generator in the fifth wheel, thing is pretty quiet, but even at that it would not run after hours all night long.
AC is sometimes needed during a 90* day, but never at night at the expense of others.
One thing you could have done is drove up by his set up while you are unable to sleep and maybe honk your horn some.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few years back the Mythbusters couldn't kill an engine with sugar.

- - - Updated - - -

Also fine poem Obi.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mothballs They up the octane and kaboom goes the head. Better than sugar. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137