Does anyone care to explain to me...

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try casting shiver minnows. Did that for the first time the other day. Hadn't caught a fish all day. Two hours with shivers and had our limit. It was crazy.
I don't think casting shiver minnows at the Hesket station would be a good idea. You would end up a poor man doing that.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jaykay mentioned waders in the Bis/Man area, I'm assuming he's talking about the Hesket Station.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try casting shiver minnows. Did that for the first time the other day. Hadn't caught a fish all day. Two hours with shivers and had our limit. It was crazy.

Tell me more about these shiver minnows. I always have room in my tackle box for one more - and I'm a sucker...

- - - Updated - - -

Jaykay mentioned waders in the Bis/Man area, I'm assuming he's talking about the Hesket Station.
Yes Sir. No big secret. This fall I sure haven't had to elbow my way through the crowds. Maybe I should count my blessings.

And no, it wouldn't kill me to give the fish a break every few years. But I look forward to this time of the year, and this kind of fishing, so much. I don't know what this shiver minnow is, but if it goes deeper than 3 ft, it's going to be an exercise in frustration.

To sum up what I'm reading here, I either gotta let it go, or just be patient. Given the bright sunny 60+ degree days, I guess I have to be more patient.

Thanks all.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard rumors of shad in the Beaver Bay area. Could be all the food is keeping them south.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell me more about these shiver minnows. I always have room in my tackle box for one more - and I'm a sucker...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Sir. No big secret. This fall I sure haven't had to elbow my way through the crowds. Maybe I should count my blessings.

And no, it wouldn't kill me to give the fish a break every few years. But I look forward to this time of the year, and this kind of fishing, so much. I don't know what this shiver minnow is, but if it goes deeper than 3 ft, it's going to be an exercise in frustration.

To sum up what I'm reading here, I either gotta let it go, or just be patient. Given the bright sunny 60+ degree days, I guess I have to be more patient.

Thanks all.
can't find em locally. http://www.basspro.com/Moonshine-Lures-Shiver-Minnow/product/1502030822068/

I thought he was nuts but they work like a champ at times.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
My scientific test to see if fish are at Heskit. Walk down to the inlet Throw a worm or minnow on the bottom. Drink three beers. If you catch start casting. If not start over.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things are later this year for sure. I'd say at least 2 weeks later than the last couple years.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish are starting to bite in PKC area.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man are they getting good at charging a whole lot for somthing that costs them less then a doller.

I don't think it would be less than a dollar but probably not far from it. They work great when you use it right. If used at Heskett, you could just start throwing $10 bills in the water.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
damn kid took another limit of nice eyes on them again yesterday. couple hours is all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 70
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28