Ice Fishing Olympics

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My church group is hosting an event at Red Willow Bible camp in February. Everyone is welcome so let me know if you want more info!
The camp is a fantastic venue for faith, fellowship, and fishing. Except for the fishing consistency - some years it's a dead sea. Last year it was awful.

So I've been thinking about silly/fun games (wacky Olympics style) we might organize to make time on the ice more fun for everyone when the fishing blows. Does anyone have entertaining activity ideas for if/when the bite slows?

p.s. I read last year that Red Willow had very low oxygen according to NDGF. Did it winterkill? Did anyone catch fish there this summer???

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've played golf on the ice. Can be interesting and fun, dependent on the amount of snow on the ice. Scavenger hunt using compass directions and distances. Skiing behind horse instead of a boat? Has to be more with some discussion and thinking.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is whiskey allowed? if I watch my language?
I thought that question would come up. As much as a guy would figure that's a great way to have fun, it's apparently frowned upon at events like this. 🥴

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought that question would come up. As much as a guy would figure that's a great way to have fun, it's apparently frowned upon at events like this. 🥴
Church wine? that will really get my language rolling...haha J.K.

Sounds like a fun event.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've played golf on the ice. Can be interesting and fun, dependent on the amount of snow on the ice. Scavenger hunt using compass directions and distances. Skiing behind horse instead of a boat? Has to be more with some discussion and thinking.
Better put spikes on the horse shoes!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88