Drones?

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dawg,

I never knew...maybe droning is big fun elsewhere in our country but in my area never seen a drone in use,infact we dont have an inclusive copter drone store within 100+ miles,even big box stores will have one or two to show ppl but one better do they're homework for what model works for you and price point.

Didn't know about shooting em down,state offense?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed kurt, i landed on the dji mavic3 classic over kill but i can learn

That bigger drone flies like a dream. I have a light on mine. The first light would go dead in a day just sitting in the case. The new one is still charged after a month.
Also the larger Mavic will handle wind better. Not sure of its limitations, but I have flown in 20mph wind. Landing gets harder.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, so many people lose their minds and get so defensive just at the thought of a drone. If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "If I saw that thing even near me I'd shoot it down..." Well sir, #1. That's a felony, please don't do that. #2. I'm just doing my job surveying your neighbors land, or taking pictures for your neighbor to list their house for sale, or inspecting the neighbors roof for insurance, etc.... I have zero interest spying on you with my drone. I'd rather finish my job, pack up, and go home to my family.
I think you misspelled "annoyed". Someone decided to fly a drone out to where I was fishing by Fox Island a couple years ago. The damn thing got to within 10 ft of me in my boat. What exactly is the reasonable distance some a-hole can send something in my direction before I am allowed to defend myself from it impacting me?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dawg,

I never knew...maybe droning is big fun elsewhere in our country but in my area never seen a drone in use,infact we dont have an inclusive copter drone store within 100+ miles,even big box stores will have one or two to show ppl but one better do they're homework for what model works for you and price point.

Didn't know about shooting em down,state offense?

federal

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That bigger drone flies like a dream. I have a light on mine. The first light would go dead in a day just sitting in the case. The new one is still charged after a month.
Also the larger Mavic will handle wind better. Not sure of its limitations, but I have flown in 20mph wind. Landing gets harder.
PG,are you in to photography? Im clueless but with the quality camera's this has. one
can zoom 28x i better brush up on photography and editing.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG,are you in to photography? Im clueless but with the quality camera's this has. one
can zoom 28x i better brush up on photography and editing.
I can only zoom 4x, but it sure is nice. If I want to shoot 4K then I only have 2x. I would really enjoy even 10x. What I like about zoom for myself is photographing wildlife without disturbing them. That one area where the liberal idiots show up. I have had multiple people go off the deep end about how drones should be outlawed because they are so disturbing to animals. Odd thing is at 100 ft deer are aware they just don't look up. At 400 ft they pay no attention. If there is a 10 mph wind they pay little to know attention at 200 ft. If your flying at 400 ft and see a deer you can lower your drone slowly to 200 feet without disturbing them. Evidently a little sound introduced slow is not as noticeable as introducing it quickly. Anyway with a little use of the grey matter one can photograph wildlife without harassing them in the least.
For landscape photography you can't beat the High Dynamic Range Feature (HDR). You will need to download the app to complete the photo. Lets say your at a lake and you take picture of family members out on a boat, but your shooting against the setting sun. Your only going to get a silhouette of the boat and people. When you shoot in HDR your drone will shoot at least five exposures in a small fraction of a second. It will shoot a normal exposure plus one and two steps under and over exposed. When you use the app it will combine the photos and lighten the dark areas and also it will darken the light areas. What you end up with is more like your eye actually sees. You see a beautiful sunset, but you also see the boat and your friends clearly. The thing is even with a tripod and if the boat and people were motionless it's near impossible. The drone shoots the photos so fast you don't even need to go into tripod mode.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
NDA member "Catdaddy" was super helpful with his hands on real time experience running a like uav to mine (not here yet) he sent several kick start video's for beginners uav operations.

Like going to a study class one video walks thru all "dji drones"
The two onboard camera's took amazing pictures,flight controller has manual adjustments like shutter speed,etc rather than camera's set on auto.

Thanx again youse guyz that chimed in.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good call and i did,spendy thing,comes with fly app already downloaded but gotta find a wifi hot spot to pair copter to controller, im clueless how but jumping in feet first.
Wifi hot spot on your cell phone, if you have that option on cell phone contract.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just heard on 550 am news today about these Drones built in China and all security business and farmers are having with getting hacked security wise. Very interesting Scott Bachmeirer show.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just heard on 550 am news today about these Drones built in China and all security business and farmers are having with getting hacked security wise. Very interesting Scott Bachmeirer show.
Agreed,I'm just getting into droning,specifically "dji drones" made in China, chatter from our leaders,all but shutting down and impossing more restriction on the millions of drones in our country today

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88