Early season scouting

7mmshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try to wait til after the 4th for cams. My corn plots aren't growing well this year may have to replant. Thinking maybe millet. I've tried the garden stuff the lettuce was always chewed down I planted a bunch of turnips last year and deer didn't seem to do anything with them. I tried suger beets couple yrs ago it was old seed I got free but non grew I would like to try it again. I get a pickup load of them every fall at some spots they get eaten right up at others they sit there for weeks.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
the bad thing about brassicas is they should be planted late July/early August. typicaly hot n dry. they will need timely rains to flourish. but if they fail, can always go back in early Sept and replant rye/oats which deer really love.
KDM. i plant food plots in pumpkins/squash every year. never seen a problem with them not eating them. they can even get into frozen solid ones.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those little fawns are so damn cute a guy wonders how they ever get to be so good tasting.
They have spots for a reason. It's nature's way of reminding us "aim small miss small." DELICIOUS.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to buy a gravity box, fill it with cracked corn and pull it to WI. When I find a good section of likely looking road I'll open the door on the box and lay down a line of bait. I'll need someone in a 2nd rig to protect the other end of the corn row, anyone wanna go with?

the two-seater buzzing over your head will be snapping photos for the coming legislative session.

BX2

Founding Member
Founding Member
just got done planting 4 apple trees. the garden at the farm is mostly for critters except for the potatoes. 2 cameras out. most will go out about mid july. Random post 8 or 9 don't remember

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How did everyone's food plots turn out this year? Might start doing stuff like that myself soon!

What's the best "plant it and forget it" crop for around stands? Late season planted rye/oats?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88