East End Sakakawea

Fryerjj

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone tried the east end yet? I am thinking of heading up there this weekend in search of some bigger fish. The river in Bismarck is on fire, but I really like fishing the humps on the east end this time of year. Reports have been minimal and I am not sure what the water temp is yet. The past few years have been outstanding with several prespawn over 20s being caught on the humps.

Attachments

465.jpg CE9FF280-0705-463B-B73B-6503C4BC4462.jpg C27378DA-326E-4851-9AFD-8244A91A79A7.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I was going to go there last weekend, but went to Audubon. Im curious to know as well.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Only a 20% chance of rain for that area now. Down from 40% i believe. I get optomistic when it goes down.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope it's better on the east end than last year. With the ice fisherman seeing smelt as Far East as Hazen bay I'm hopefull it will be a good year.

Attachments

dh.jpg

Fryerjj

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you guys were me would you take a shot on it this weekend or would you stay in the Bismarck area? Limits have been fairly easy on the river, however, the draw of bigger fish is strong:) Also, I just really like fishing the humps by the embankment.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you guys were me would you take a shot on it this weekend or would you stay in the Bismarck area? Limits have been fairly easy on the river, however, the draw of bigger fish is strong:) Also, I just really like fishing the humps by the embankment.

I'm obviously bad at this fishing thing. :(

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
With chance of rain I might stay close. I wouldn't guess that its good on Sak yet.

Fryerjj

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys for the info, I really appreciate it. I think I will wait one more week, the temps look like they will be moderating at bit next week.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
It'll be interesting to see what the eyes do when the young of the year smelts seek out deeper water. I'm sure some will follow, but with all the vegetation still in the water, I'm sure there will be plenty of forage to hold some fish. There is definitely going to be some footballs for eyes out there with all the smelt we saw ice fishing the east end.

Fryerjj

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw some pictures of some nice fish caught on the Big Lake last weekend. I believe action on the East End of Sakakawea has started. I will be heading up this weekend and will post my report. Did anyone else hear anything about the big lake last weekend? Temps look to be in the low 70s for Wed. - Sat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90