Did I hit him?...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
100% liable for damages. At 76, he should know better. I was taught to shoot probably 47 years ago. Am I perfect? Hardly. Do I not shoot any weapon towards a house? Never.

And is there an age limit on stupidity? Once we reach a certain age, are we exempt from the consequences of our actions? Nope.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol , it's easy to see who has the brains in that household.

When Powers told his wife he was being arrested, she said, “Well, I told you,” the affidavit said.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some pertinent info: These extra quiet .22 rds are quite a bit less than subsonic. Anything 1000fps or faster still make a report unless you've got a suppressor. They're speaking of CCI Quiet-40grn and Fed/Rem CB's-29grn. Don't bother with CB shorts. They have the same charge as longs and aren't as accurate. Also, all the above make a "normal" crack from a handgun. Best noise results come from at least an 18in bbl. Also, their ricochets are loud as hell: like a "Whistling Moon Traveler":

Be careful...you're dealing with a lot more energy than an air gun.

Last edited:

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guarantee, anyone of us out deer hunting and seen a 200" deer on top of a hill would take the shot....,
;)

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A pellet gun can also come in a .22 caliber. So was it a pellet gun, or 22 rifle? That does change things a bit. And yes, I agree. know what is behind your target.
This is an interesting comment. Made me research a little. Cci quiet 40 grain shoot around 710fps. The muzzle energy around 45 ft/lb. A 22 caliber pellet at around 20 and 30 grains between 850 and 950 fps will produce the same energy. But because one uses powder ignition it's a felony and the other is perfectly OK and most likely only pay damages.

Don't get me wrong he is an idiot to think his projectile would just stop mid flight cause he missed. I would have at least put up a couple of thick sheets of plywood as a back stop. :cool:

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the record, a pellet gun works for me - currently.

But I may decide to up the caliber/velocity when I get goofier due to my increasing age. A little part of me can relate and see failing judgement coming into play as we age. 😖
Go straight for the 300 win mag when you decide to make the switch.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, birds don't get into vehicles and chew wires?
They get into buildings and shit all over everything though. I guess I've never had a squirrel get into my vehicle and chew wires. Mice are another story though. Anyway guy should still have known better then to shoot at a house.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The LRBs (little red bastards) are something Beelzebub threw together on a hangover. 1/3 squirrel, 1/3 mouse, 1/3 demon.
All LRBs must die, even if it means the neighbor has to take a few for the team. ...boozer...

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The LRBs (little red bastards) are something Beelzebub threw together on a hangover. 1/3 squirrel, 1/3 mouse, 1/3 demon.
All LRBs must die, even if it means the neighbor has to take a few for the team. ...boozer...
Ohhhh yeah I’m definitely sensing a future where mrswhofishes utters the phrase I told you so pertaining to LRBs...rofl...

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
can you discharge an air rifle in city limits? i am sure its city specific. but, i wanna say no. i was constantly getting a talking to from local law enforcement back in the 80s even as i was walking out to the railroad tracks w/ my bb gun. they sort turned a blind eye to it ultimately. but, they sure acted like it wasn't legal.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking forward to the LRB slingshot i am going to engineer this summer.

This is worth of a thread of its own. What are you building ? Me and the "Little boys" AKA our grandsons are building slingshot rifles this summer . Going to order one factory trigger and build a couple more VIA youtube instructions.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is an interesting comment. Made me research a little. Cci quiet 40 grain shoot around 710fps. The muzzle energy around 45 ft/lb. A 22 caliber pellet at around 20 and 30 grains between 850 and 950 fps will produce the same energy. But because one uses powder ignition it's a felony and the other is perfectly OK and most likely only pay damages.

Don't get me wrong he is an idiot to think his projectile would just stop mid flight cause he missed. I would have at least put up a couple of thick sheets of plywood as a back stop. :cool:
Remember the heavier slug will retain more energy downrange. IMHO ME doesn't mean shit.

https://hardairmagazine.com/buyers-guides/whats-the-best-pellet-weight-for-my-airgun-in-22-caliber/

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88