Hope for the best

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
This Toby guy if it is him sure lives in a lot of heads. I do remember the crap shoveled to him on fishingbuddy. I have no idea who he is, or what he is like, but if he is off his rocker some on here contributed to that. I'm not one of those people makeing excuses for poor decisions like the guy in Valley City, just pointing out that loud and demeaning doesn't help anyone.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
svnmag, you my friend are an absolute mthrfkn idiot to post something like that. Lost every bit of respect from any of you posts after that. F U. Pretty fucking obvious that Toby is having a breakdown and you post something like that. You are a fucking tool.
Also; farts and poop.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This Toby guy if it is him sure lives in a lot of heads. I do remember the crap shoveled to him on fishingbuddy. I have no idea who he is, or what he is like, but if he is off his rocker some on here contributed to that. I'm not one of those people makeing excuses for poor decisions like the guy in Valley City, just pointing out that loud and demeaning doesn't help anyone.

Most likely, Just two, Sober and drunk. He and my youngest were in the same grade in school and became friends. They went to 4-H together and he came to a couple Birthday parties and stayed over night a time or two. He was very polite and obedient and loved the farm life and animals and got along well with everyone and displayed good sportsmanship while playing what ever backyard sport we were playing. Then he moved away in about 4th-5th grade. I never knew where he moved and lost track of him until I saw his name on fishing buddy.

Early on in fishing buddy he was a stand up guy that was writing outdoors stories and the same Toby that I remembered as a kid. I reached out to him in PM and right away he offered to put me on some good perch fishing so we were making plans and talking about the good old days and fishing and then he had got drunk one night and started getting really weird when people threw him under the bus for his actions. Right away I knew what I was dealing with and I suddenly became to busy to go fishing so it never happened.

I was one that stuck up for him more than once, thinking everyone deserves a second chance but then the meltdowns fueled by firewater got worse and flowed like a river. Every time I hoped he had hit bottom but he just kept digging. In the end , late one night he posted something really crazy and I'd had enough so I threw him under the bus and his ex laid into me big times so I just moved on and ignored the drama that followed.

He is facing serious charges and I'm thinking this will be his rock bottom and forced to go through programs for the help he needs. I'd still take him up on that fishing trip if he can get back to who he used to be.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pray he finds the help he needs, but I would rather he skip the felon tattoo if possible. Not making excuses for what he did, but that one sticks with a guy. I'd say with fair confidence that a good percentage of NDA'ers have done their fair share of stupidity with the help of adult beverages and just didn't get collared for it. Hell, I've been booze stupid on several continents. I just hope he can dry out and get a handle on this bottle thing. Glad nobody was hurt during these events.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
DC thanks for the perspective. He pm me a couple of time. Was always polite. I think fishing buddy gave him a mission they didn't want. I feel sorry for the guy snd hope life deals him a new better hand.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was clearly intoxicated which makes it illegal to be in possession of a firearm, but why does it matter if he didn't have a concealed carry permit?
??? ND has constitutional carry so No conceal carry needed,

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^ this. :oops:

I agree he needs help, hell we all do at one or more points in our life.......it just that some need more help then others.

In order for him to get help 2 things need to happen.

1. He himself needs to admit (which is not easy to do) that he needs help and then go find\get it.

2. If he doesn't want to get himself help, then maybe family or friends need to step in and get him the help he needs.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some people are beyond help.
I believe he showed traits years ago that would verify that.
No ill feeling for him, hope he can recover but....., I really doubt it.

rugerkennedy

Bunch of you guys sticking up for the guy even after he holed up heavily armed outside a bar waiting for victims....wow...

1. I don't know him. Never seen him.
2. I don't think folks are sticking up for HIM as much as they are sticking up for the law (constitutional concealed carry)
3. I don't think he "holed up". I guess when I think of "holed up" I picture something different than you.
4. It doesn't appear as though he was waiting for victims. If he would have wanted to, he would have went and created victims.

So, in one sentence, you "wrote your own news" just like the liberal medial often does.

That being said, the guy is in jail, and that's where he should be. Based on what I've read on here, he's been "troubled" his entire life, and if that's true, I agree, he's probably going to stay "troubled". One can only wish him luck in recovery.
Interestingly, he has NOTHING on his criminal record other than this incident. Not even a speeding ticket.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. I don't know him. Never seen him.
2. I don't think folks are sticking up for HIM as much as they are sticking up for the law (constitutional concealed carry)
3. I don't think he "holed up". I guess when I think of "holed up" I picture something different than you.
4. It doesn't appear as though he was waiting for victims. If he would have wanted to, he would have went and created victims.

So, in one sentence, you "wrote your own news" just like the liberal medial often does.

That being said, the guy is in jail, and that's where he should be. Based on what I've read on here, he's been "troubled" his entire life, and if that's true, I agree, he's probably going to stay "troubled". One can only wish him luck in recovery.
Interestingly, he has NOTHING on his criminal record other than this incident. Not even a speeding ticket.
He was strapped up with several mags and an AR with 60 round mag outside on the street across from the bar he was kicked out of.... what do you call that? Was he just setting up a friggin lemonade stand????? The guy had several accounts on Fishingbuddy that he used to corrorobrate his made up wild stories and attack others. He personally threatened me in pm's and on public forums. He is a full blown whack-a- doodle. The guy should not be allowed near booze or weapons.

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope, from one human to another, that he finds his way. Some people find their "rock bottom" and decide to change, others don't. Sounds like he has demons that he hasn't tamed yet and may never be able to. May God be with him.

That said, he was strapped, tactical vest with extra mags, and ready for something bad. Even small town ND isn't immune to tragedy and it seems we narrowly avoided it that night. Glad there were folks in the bar that were aware enough to get authorities involved and lock the bar.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I called this shit with Toby like 10-12years ago and many stuck up for him after multiple incidents and threats. Everyone is afraid to call a spade a spade. This crazy bastard needed help all the way back in FishingBuddy days but many were like "oh he just drinks to much" or "he's just not real sharp" or "he had a poor childhood" .... damn lucky this didnt end with several dead.

Right! We tend to only recognize time-bombs in hindsight. Such is the nature of the beast, we are all generally hesitant to be the one who first points the finger.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was strapped up with several mags and an AR with 60 round mag outside on the street across from the bar he was kicked out of.... what do you call that?
I really don't know, I'm not clairvoyant. He could have been planning something bad as you suggest, he could have been playing out a fantasy in his head, or what happened is what he wanted to happen. Lucky the police shooting him isnt what he wanted to happen. I'm not making excuses for him, I simply can't kick someone in the teeth who was polite when he messaged me. Sometimes people reciprocate in kind.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't anyone fish anymore? Hunt gophers? Watch baby ducks? Lets move on!
I've been letting those big brown gophers repopulate in one of my pastures. I was able to shoot quite a few last spring but now this year it seems like they died out, Hardly any around. Or maybe I shot to many last year.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really don't know, I'm not clairvoyant. He could have been planning something bad as you suggest, he could have been playing out a fantasy in his head, or what happened is what he wanted to happen. Lucky the police shooting him isnt what he wanted to happen. I'm not making excuses for him, I simply can't kick someone in the teeth who was polite when he messaged me. Sometimes people reciprocate in kind.
The guy has had plenty of chances. I think he might have wanted the police to shoot him. Considering he was just kinda "hanging around" waiting to see what was going to go down. Its frightening that a guy like that can get his hands on that kind of tactical gear. Police would have had to taken him out with a head shot vs. body shot that he could live through.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The key is what does our tax dollars here in ND do with an individual as such. How fast does he go back on the streets.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right! We tend to only recognize time-bombs in hindsight. Such is the nature of the beast, we are all generally hesitant to be the one who first points the finger.
Allen is spot on with this comment. I will add that nobody wants to effect the rights of others -- were a free country (or supposed to be)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84