Eating Drum from the Red

Jake G

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ate drum this year for the first time caught out of the river earlier in the year. I mixed it with walleye and didn't tell anybody the only difference I noticed was the meat seemed denser not as flaky, not fishy. nobody said anything when they ate it.

THIS, is why I don't go to other peoples fish fry's!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The worst fish i have ever had were Red River channel cats and eel pout from leech lake. Soooo gross.

- - - Updated - - -

Woops i forgot one. Big J smoked some paddlefish once and vacuum sealed them. I cant explain, without a video of me gagging, how bad it was.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been hashed out before. But, the red ain't polluted. Just dirty. And small cats early taste good. A lot like tilapia in my opinion. Anything out of 80 degree water this time of year is gonna be a bit on the ishy side of things.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clearwater does not = non polluted water fyi. And vise versa. But please, people don't bother fishing the red, think of your children...

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha... For some reason I picture the nbc the more you know psa commercial music playing behind Wags' post.

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drum are nothing special on the table. They don't taste bad, but eating them gets old fast..... In cold water though, just about every fish tastes good so I would keep them then.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drum are nothing special on the table. They don't taste bad, but eating them gets old fast..... In cold water though, just about every fish tastes good so I would keep them then.

I think that's the perfect way to describe drum....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11