Electronic Posting

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just rest assured, the next guy road hunting that section line will probably set his beer down, lower the window, and drop that buck in his tracks without checking for signs or picking up his phone just like he always did. Damn slob hunters!

...and you will still have your tag and are a better man for it. Just Keep hunting BUT watch out for spike strips on those section lines if you can find one that wasn’t farmed right over. Damn slob landowners!

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So when the electronic posting law goes into effect....now if you're driving down the road and you see a nice buck on the edge of a shelter belt, no posted signs on any corner, we have to pull out the phone and check the map. But what if I don't have service (oh that never happens in ND right)? I didn't print out the area I'm driving through because I didn't plan to hunt it. Now I have no way I can legally hunt this animal...all because it's too much work to put up fucking signs. What a huge pain the hunters ass

i dont know how the system works up there but i just down load the whole unit i deer hunt on Onx then it does not matter if you have service or not.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is an option and great if it has land owner's reliable contact information. But, but if I download the unit Friday night and then Sunday the landowner posts it? Is there is hard cutoff before the season starts where they have to have it posted by?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind I found it:

• May 18, 2021 - Open for enrollment of electronic posting
  • July, 15, 2021 – Deadline for landowners to digitally post land
  • August 1, 2021 – Electronic posting laws go into effect
Well downloading the entire hunting unit is the only option to make sure you are legal.

Effie

This whole electronic posting is a total fiasco! Why the G & F advocated this I'll never know-they're cutting their own throats (revenue and going against hunters in general). If landowners can't find a way to post w/signs, they don't know how to farm and ranch either.
Rep. Eberle started this B S, and it's total hogwash. If I have to check my phone every time I want to take a walk or hunt an area, then this whole deal is amiss! Then there's those who don't have a smart phone with them or don't own one...areas that lack service, posts that come after deadlines--the list goes on & on! Post it..sign it--phone # on it. Do it the right way!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your cruising and see a nice buck by all means put the damn thing down. Drive off and check onyx. If it’s open to hunt go back and get it. If now carry on.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well it's already quite clear landowners do not need to put down a phone number for electronically posted land. Here is an example. I have no idea who this is but I was just going through through the app and noticed. Who knows....maybe he checks his email often
Capture.JPG
cache.php

- - - Updated - - -

Well I spoke too soon. Turns out no contact information is required. This should go quite smoothly for the law abiding hunters!!!!

Capture1.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here is reminder of the reason they said this will be a good thing for landowners AND hunters. Complete liars.

"their property and sportsmen/women stated they wanted to know who to contact for permission to hunt. This bill addresses both questions and provides a solution."

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
what app is that?

- - - Updated - - -

play store? i don't think they require a number on a sign. so, i guess i wouldn't expect them to require one to online post.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get the fact they really shouldn't have to put it on the sign/app. The issue is they lied about the reason they wanted to pass the bill.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get the fact they really shouldn't have to put it on the sign/app. The issue is they lied about the reason they wanted to pass the bill.
I think it's a move to turn us into Texas. You pay to hunt a quarter or section of land. I have talked with fellows in Texas that pay by the acre to hunt quail. $5000 will get you a quarter for the year. I don't know if that is high, average, or low. No idea. Outfitters will love it. If your a hunter (John) get it touch with the outfitter (wildlife pimp) and he will put you in touch with ----------

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it's a move to turn us into Texas. You pay to hunt a quarter or section of land. I have talked with fellows in Texas that pay by the acre to hunt quail. $5000 will get you a quarter for the year. I don't know if that is high, average, or low. No idea. Outfitters will love it. If your a hunter (John) get it touch with the outfitter (wildlife pimp) and he will put you in touch with ----------

https://huntinglocator.com/lease-value-calculator

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is an app out there these days that a friend of mine actually developed. they make signs with those square code things (q-code?) to scan. the app allows you and the landowner to communicate about access. landowner can mark each individual parcel as open, closed, reserved, etc... for specific days, etc... and can set a price for access. one thing landowners need to be aware of in ND... if you accept $ for access, the landowner liability protections written into the NDCC change. the duty of care owed to the person granted access goes up. its clear as mud sort of. but, see chapter 53-08 of the NDCC for reference.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well it's already quite clear landowners do not need to put down a phone number for electronically posted land. Here is an example. I have no idea who this is but I was just going through through the app and noticed. Who knows....maybe he checks his email often
full-6321-181117-img_5016.jpeg
cache.php

- - - Updated - - -

Well I spoke too soon. Turns out no contact information is required. This should go quite smoothly for the law abiding hunters!!!!

full-18408-181244-img_2862.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is reminder of the reason they said this will be a good thing for landowners AND hunters. Complete liars.

"their property and sportsmen/women stated they wanted to know who to contact for permission to hunt. This bill addresses both questions and provides a solution."
Do you really think any will answer phones anyhow with all the telemarketing bullshit going on ? NOT...

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better have a 701 area code to even have a chance of getting your call answered.
Im not sure if thats true or the opposite is true. I know a fellow( well, did know he has since passed) who woud rather a Wisconsin plate drove in his driveway than a North Dakota, and he actually stted so. They shell out the cash he explained.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better have a 701 area code to even have a chance of getting your call answered.
Don't think this even matters these days. We have answered some calls because they came across with the 701 "and" my landlines/city 3 digit and we have even registered on the do-not-call list.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think we have any idea how big of a shit show this is going to be

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 178
  • This month: 163
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 133