Electronic Posting

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Part of it is a generational thing. I know at least a dozen in my age group that quit hunting a few years back. Still enjoy the shooting sports trap, sporting clays and pistols.
It is a generational thing. Ever generation has less hunters and the rate of decline gets faster. And is now going to take an enormous leap.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
well heck - if people are laying down hunting then I guess it's no big deal that habitat and access are going away

here I was worried about nothing

- - - Updated - - -

#### nature :D

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quote Originally Posted by Davey Crockett View Post
Is the end goal to get more people out hunting ?

yes, this should always be the goal. Hunting will go away for you and I if we have fewer voices to be heard.

A quick and surefire way to get more people out hunting is to spread out the deer tags to more people by going to a one tag deer system.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
A quick and surefire way to get more people out hunting is to spread out the deer tags to more people by going to a one tag deer system.
I don't understand the logic. Some bow hunters will give up rifle hunting, but only those that are very successful at bow hunting. Of more affect the bow hunters with low success will stick with, or start rifle hunting. The same number of deer will be killed, but there will be more rifle hunters and fewer bow hunters. If unsuccessful bow hunters become successful rifle hunters more deer will be killed and tags would go down. How do you see it as a benefit? Draw the picture for me.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand the logic. Some bow hunters will give up rifle hunting, but only those that are very successful at bow hunting. Of more affect the bow hunters with low success will stick with, or start rifle hunting. The same number of deer will be killed, but there will be more rifle hunters and fewer bow hunters. If unsuccessful bow hunters become successful rifle hunters more deer will be killed and tags would go down. How do you see it as a benefit? Draw the picture for me.

Steinwand’s proposal in 2015 required some sacrifice, the idea was, if someone is a serious bowhunter, and really, really wants to hunt deer with a bow, and doesn’t want to be restricted to a specific unit, they would purchase a bow license and forego the lottery for a rifle license, thereby freeing up that license for someone not interested in bowhunting. It likely would have meant as many as 10,000 more hunters would have drawn a rifle tag.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we just please stop with the one tag system crap.........

Do you want more deer hunters in the field or not is the question.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where are 10,000 more hunters going to hunt with a tag and no access. One tag and more hunters does not necessarily equal more opportunity, only more government revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunting isn’t going the way of the dinosaurs because of tag availability. Deer hunting is only one of many hunting opportunities in ND. One tag doesn’t equal more places to hunt ducks and geese, grouse and pheasants.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't seem you see a ton of hunters out most of the time, yet if you call a landowner for permission to hunt ducks for the day, it seems 75% of the time the answer is no due to someone already hunting them, or just plain no. I really don't chase ducks much anymore due to this. Have had a couple friends remark lately about how much they've been getting turned down to even coyote hunt.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where are 10,000 more hunters going to hunt with a tag and no access. One tag and more hunters does not necessarily equal more opportunity, only more government revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunting isn’t going the way of the dinosaurs because of tag availability. Deer hunting is only one of many hunting opportunities in ND. One tag doesn’t equal more places to hunt ducks and geese, grouse and pheasants.

I'm just stating the obvious for PG. No idea where they are all going to hunt but if the consensus is that we should be working on getting more people hunting then the obvious has been stated.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those of you saying there are less hunters clearly haven't bow hunted the grasslands in the last several years. That's where they all went.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those of you saying there are less hunters clearly haven't bow hunted the grasslands in the last several years. That's where they all went.
my guess is there is so many bow hunters is because nd opens there bow season so frikken early and its one of the only states you have a chance to shoot a velvet buck.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So do i reference back to this thread when every one starts complaining when waterfowl season starts about how many hunters there are?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is the end goal to get more people out hunting ?

Less hunters is not good for anyone........ less people advocating for hunting rights, less advocates for gun rights, less people buying hunting gear, less people watching hunting TV shows because why bother watching something you cannot do yourself? These people are biting the hand that feeds them and I will not feel sorry for them when all the business goes away. This is the time to be vocal. Hunting CANNOT become a rich man sport or otherwise it will not survive!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
It likely would have meant as many as 10,000 more hunters would have drawn a rifle tag.
Screenshot_20210520-145617_Google.jpg I suppose we could loose more than 1/3 of the archery hunters with a one tag system, but is that good. It would be the hunters who never get a deer. So the remaining hunters woukd still kill the same number of deer. Which means the state coukd not issue more tags. This is simply a pipe dream of the piss and moan crowd.

Attachments

Screenshot_20210520-145358_Google.jpg

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plenty of bow licenses are bought by non hunters that want venison. Easy to find a bowhunting friend's WOUNDED deer he couldn't find himself.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plenty of bow licenses are bought by non hunters that want venison. Easy to find a bowhunting friend's WOUNDED deer he couldn't find himself.
I don't know a single non hunter that wants venison. Most hunters don't even like wild game now days. When I here people who just have their wild game turned into sausage I cringe about all that fine tasting meat being wasted but to each their own I guess as long as they're still using it in some fashion.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
So when the electronic posting law goes into effect....now if you're driving down the road and you see a nice buck on the edge of a shelter belt, no posted signs on any corner, we have to pull out the phone and check the map. But what if I don't have service (oh that never happens in ND right)? I didn't print out the area I'm driving through because I didn't plan to hunt it. Now I have no way I can legally hunt this animal...all because it's too much work to put up fucking signs. What a huge pain the hunters ass

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84