Favorite BBQ Sauce

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I honestly don't have a favorite BBQ sauce. I like most kinds. It's rare that I find one I don't like.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read somewhere on a consumer report that Hunts Original tested/tasted high. I have few options in my Grocery store, so when I'm out and have to use the only local store, thats what I get. Its not that bad. I do like SBR though.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in KC right now for the week for work training. I will definitely be giving Jack Stack a go. I have heard nothing but good things about the place so I can't wait.[/QUOTE

Make sure they bring out all three sauces for you to try. Just don't forget the sides. I would literally kill for some Cheesy Corn Bake right now. It should be illegal not to try the bake beans too. Maybe we should all do a group buy and have you bring our orders back with you:;:
Enjoy!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That'd be great. I'm definitely not against eating good BBQ for dinner every night until I leave Friday.

Smoke house bbq it is about on I29 it was great.

I'm in KC right now for the week for work training. I will definitely be giving Jack Stack a go. I have heard nothing but good things about the place so I can't wait.[/QUOTE

Make sure they bring out all three sauces for you to try. Just don't forget the sides. I would literally kill for some Cheesy Corn Bake right now. It should be illegal not to try the bake beans too. Maybe we should all do a group buy and have you bring our orders back with you:;:
Enjoy!

I am in

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
guywhothinksalot...yes that is weird,but I'm with ya,infact Italked to a GM from famous Daves,he said they leave the membrane on to keep the loin ribs more moist,besides its a pain taking that skin off,did spare ribs yesterday and peeled 1/2 rack and compared after sitting in a dry rub for 24hrs,either way both tasted excellent,the spare ribs membrane comes off a little easier and the rub takes to the meat a little better but we were sucking on the bones to the very end,it was all good.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member

Enjoy!

haha I'm down...orders might be a little messy after the flight back but who cares. I will definitely try the corn bake and beans and I'm sure their beer is just fine too.;:;barf

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Removing it also allows for more tatonka dust to flavor the ribs. YUM!

If I eat ribs that have it on, my only thought is, amateur.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't mind pulling it off with my teeth and feeling real carnivorous.

As far as sauces, I like Shed and SBR's, but I am still a big fan of Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy mixed with Texas Pit.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
fd63eb0eae5b226d23e0d6faacc8d82e.jpg

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like to mix the sweet baby ray Vidalia onion with famous dave's devil's spit to give it a little more kick.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ. Additionally you have to have a nice coat of spices under the sauce. I use it on ribs and put a dab in the spaghetti sauce.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never really hated any bbq sauce but don't really have a favorite either. I switch out sweet baby rays, famous daves, KC masterpiece, and a couple others. I don't like stubb's but still not terrible in a pinch. I will typically add honey to any bbq sause I buy.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
71BKjGMtTJL._SY355_.jpg

some of the better stuff I have had in my travels....the packets from the actual establishment in FL are hands down better then the bottled stuff

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not too picky.. sweet baby rays and famous daves usually. I did try the naturally sweet famous daves last week, and that sh#t is terrible. I'm also into the gunslinger

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88