Favorite Braided Fishing Line

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
It can be hard to decipher what line is best from the "fisherman" talking heads out there. Most are being paid to promote said product. So, out of curiosity, what is your favorite braid for each application?

I mostly run power pro, because I trust it, but I am trying to find a braid that might cast better.

Thanks for any input.

dsharp83

Founding Member
Founding Member
i run power pro on all my reels i pull spinners with ,
lots of trees down there, :ROFLMAO:
best i have found to not break immediately and still have some feel.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I much prefer suffix 832, I run all of my jigging and rigging rods with this, I've tried the suffix nano and it's just too light, I seem to get a lot of wind knots with it coming off the spool funny. When it comes to my trolling rods, I prefer the old standard 10# Fireline.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a power pro guy to, I'm disappointed in power pros line color fading after one season though. I did try ardent gloss monotex line that is a lot like nanofill which isn't very ebrasion resistant but I like it because it was in pink and pink believe it or not is the best color for visibility under water. I use monotex on my ice fishing rods and power pro on my summer rods.

Last edited:

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tried powerpro for my first braided line and haven't been given a reason to try anything else. I us it on every rod/reel combo except my jiggin rod where I quickly discovered I was pulling hooks. For ice season I've been using clam pro tackle braid, it fades fast, but like powerpro, I haven't been given a reason to try anything different.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried powerpro for my first braided line and haven't been given a reason to try anything else. I us it on every rod/reel combo except my jiggin rod where I quickly discovered I was pulling hooks. For ice season I've been using clam pro tackle braid, it fades fast, but like powerpro, I haven't been given a reason to try anything different.
What did you rig your jigging rod with? Mono?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Berkeley NanofiI, don’t use it for heavy bottom work with bouncers or pulling crank baits but I like low visibility, green. Doesn’t ice up, cast a mile, super thin, probably have at least six spinning rigs with that on. It also has a slight stiffness and does not loop. 90% of my fishing in open water is pitching baits. You do need to use a double Palomar, very easy to tie.
I think if folks used the same rod and reel and put any other line against it when casting they would be convinced. It does fray occasionally, but I check knots and clip and re-tie

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Power-Pro or Spiderwire. I think they are the same thing. 100% spectra

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Suffix 832 is on a lot of mine.
I used to run Power Pro and am currently setting up a jigging rod setup with it again.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Suffix 832 is on a lot of mine.
I used to run Power Pro and am currently setting up a jigging rod setup with it again.
V you should try the ardent gliss monotex line for your jigging rod. I posted a thread on this line I few years back, it would be great for jigging. Atleast I liked it for my ice jigging rods since it didn't hold water like other braided lines. JMTC

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
PowerPro super slick in the 15/4. I’ve transitioned most of my reels to it. No complaints other than tough to find the 300 yard spoils locally.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It can be hard to decipher what line is best from the "fisherman" talking heads out there. Most are being paid to promote said product. So, out of curiosity, what is your favorite braid for each application?

I mostly run power pro, because I trust it, but I am trying to find a braid that might cast better.

Thanks for any input.
What # test power pro you using?

Original power pro or super slick?

8# original power pro is tough as nails, casts a mile and is plenty strong to land any fish around here.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spiderwire /white
Suffix 832 ended up with too many wind knots.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member

Thanks for any input.
Honestly power pro and suffix 832 are the best casting lines I have used. They are round and don’t dig in the spool on snags. As long as you don’t overfill the spool you shouldn’t have any problems.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
PowerPro super slick in the 15/4. I’ve transitioned most of my reels to it. No complaints other than tough to find the 300 yard spoils locally.
Did they change the formula from the original release? I had nothing but issues with super slick when I first tried it. Wouldn’t use the stuff even if free!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had this discussion on braided lines and when you fill them up to your desired place on the spool. That the line actually gets smaller and the braid tightens up when it gets wet. The idea was to fill the spool full, dunk in water to allow the line to absorb water then pull the line out and rewind wet. You will see that you have lost a lot of depth on your spool compared to where you spooled it dry. This is for braided line that absorbs water.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another thing i wanted to inquire on is, does anyone else fill their open face reels with cheap line first before they spool with their go to. When you buy a spool of braided, nanotech, or monotex there is simply not enough line on a roll to adequately spool a reel.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75