What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Reloading
Favorite Reloading Components
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Kentucky Windage" data-source="post: 280395" data-attributes="member: 429"><p>I’ve always been a CCI primer guy. I bought some Winchester’s on a going out of business sale and some Federal gold metal match when components were scarce, but I’ve yet to use any. </p><p></p><p>I shoot a lot of H and RL powders with some IMR mixed in. I’ve favored less temp sensitive powders for the most part. I’ve always chased accuracy over speed. </p><p></p><p>I’m becoming a bit of a Lapua brass brat in recent years. Very consistent weight and side wall thicknesses. I’ve used Remington, Winchester and federal brass as well. I’ve always thought Winchester “worked” better going through the dies between those 3. For 223, I like LC brass a lot. </p><p></p><p>I’m mostly a Hornady guy. I love the V,Z and A-maxes. I shoot 6.5 and 7mm Berger VLDs as well. I’ve never had great luck getting Barnes to shoot. Nosler and Sierra have always thought their bullets needed to be a couple/few cents more a pill than Hornady, so that’s been a turn off for me. </p><p></p><p>I’ve also headed towards bushing dies to limit work hardening brass. </p><p></p><p>I’ve turned necks (which really sucks BTW). </p><p></p><p>I haven’t gotten into annealing cases. </p><p></p><p>I try to read as much as I can so I can continue to improve. Bench rest analism is a terrible rabbit hole to go down when chasing groups.</p><p></p><p><span style="color: silver"><span style="font-size: 9px">- - - Updated - - -</span></span></p><p></p><p>I also enjoy beautiful women, good whiskey and fast horses.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Kentucky Windage, post: 280395, member: 429"] I’ve always been a CCI primer guy. I bought some Winchester’s on a going out of business sale and some Federal gold metal match when components were scarce, but I’ve yet to use any. I shoot a lot of H and RL powders with some IMR mixed in. I’ve favored less temp sensitive powders for the most part. I’ve always chased accuracy over speed. I’m becoming a bit of a Lapua brass brat in recent years. Very consistent weight and side wall thicknesses. I’ve used Remington, Winchester and federal brass as well. I’ve always thought Winchester “worked” better going through the dies between those 3. For 223, I like LC brass a lot. I’m mostly a Hornady guy. I love the V,Z and A-maxes. I shoot 6.5 and 7mm Berger VLDs as well. I’ve never had great luck getting Barnes to shoot. Nosler and Sierra have always thought their bullets needed to be a couple/few cents more a pill than Hornady, so that’s been a turn off for me. I’ve also headed towards bushing dies to limit work hardening brass. I’ve turned necks (which really sucks BTW). I haven’t gotten into annealing cases. I try to read as much as I can so I can continue to improve. Bench rest analism is a terrible rabbit hole to go down when chasing groups. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] I also enjoy beautiful women, good whiskey and fast horses. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Guns and Ammo
Reloading
Favorite Reloading Components
Top
Bottom