Fenwick Rods replacement

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious if anywhere in Bismarck replace broken fenwicks now that Dakota tackle is gone? Ole Wade used to just hand a feller a new one. 😭

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most likely you will have to find yourself a long cardboard tube and send it to Fenwick with a proof of purchase. I don't remember since its neen a long time since i had to replace a rod, but I think cabelas and scheels will only warranty store brand rods now.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
It’s been a couple years since I had Fenwick replace a rod. The experience was a breeze and their customer service was great.

Go to their website and follow instructions. Typically they need a few pictures of the rod showing various details and a receipt showing date of purchase.

They once replaced a rod that was close to 10 years old without a receipt.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious if anywhere in Bismarck replace broken fenwicks now that Dakota tackle is gone? Ole Wade used to just hand a feller a new one. 😭
I had one replaced two years go, as stated, follow procedure on their website, they will send you a new one. If yours isnt available anymore they will let you pick a different one. Mine was a japanese model that I had ordered off ebay, they were surprised that I had it in the US, Im sure I got it from a non authorized dealer, but they replaced it anyway.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How come Scheels don't they take care of anything they sell I thought?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think I would be screwed if needed rod warranty. Got 2 Fenwicks, and 4 St. Croix that are worthy but only receipt for 1 Croix

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why does one need a receipt or proof of purchase for these types of things? Isn't possession of the item itself enough proof of purchase? Never have understood this when it comes to lifetime warranty work.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why does one need a receipt or proof of purchase for these types of things? Isn't possession of the item itself enough proof of purchase? Never have understood this when it comes to lifetime warranty work.
I don’t think Fenwick rods have a lifetime warranty. Heck even st croix rods don’t have lifetime unless it’s a avid or higher you get 15 years

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think Fenwick rods have a lifetime warranty. Heck even st croix rods don’t have lifetime unless it’s a avid or higher you get 15 years
Oh didn't no, have never owned one of these high end rods, just thought that's why people spend this kind of money on them

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
My warranty requests haven’t been denied due to lack of receipt. I noticed the newer ones have a bar code on them now.

gillraker

My warranty requests haven’t been denied due to lack of receipt. I noticed the newer ones have a bar code on them now.
My warranty was denied for a broken HMX that was one month out of warranty period. Not a great experience, their customer service was very, very slow. They did offer me 45% off old model or 30% off new model if I wanted to purchase a replacement rod, the catch is NO WARRANTY on replacement rod. I will try another brand, not impressed with the company as of late.

NodakBob

★ Legendary Member
I find I get the best warranty support when I buy from a local dealer. Had a lifetime Fenwick, had to mail it in but they sent me a 10 yr warranty but of similar quality. Of course11 years later I broke the tip off that one…I have more than one rod that is shorter than when new; just put a new tip on them. I like the Scheels rods warranty…walk in with a broken one and walk out with a new one, no hassle.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only if you can get your phone down to the bottom to take a picture to send in.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought an expensive fenwick at a charity auction. The very first time I used it and set the hook on a fish, it snapped in half. I contacted fenwick and since I had no receipt I was pretty much fucked.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
The St. Croix rods have a serial number just above the handle. It is coded to determine the manufacture date which will correspond to how long they will warranty. I believe you can look that up on their web site too. I broke one and it was no longer made so they let me upgrade for the difference in retail price. They also had some shipping charges involved if you did an even exchange, but with the upgrade, shipping was not charged. They were great to work with.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find I get the best warranty support when I buy from a local dealer. Had a lifetime Fenwick, had to mail it in but they sent me a 10 yr warranty but of similar quality. Of course11 years later I broke the tip off that one…I have more than one rod that is shorter than when new; just put a new tip on them. I like the Scheels rods warranty…walk in with a broken one and walk out with a new one, no hassle.
I thought Scheels dumped their lifetime warranty?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 55
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 18