First catch, shot, etc

BG35

Founding Member
Founding Member
My oldest recently caught his first fish unassisted that was big enough to make it to the fillet board. I see the NDGF has first fish certificates you can get but looking for some other ideas that could be nice to put together for him.

Also looking for non-mount ideas for when he is able to bag his first upland, waterfowl, big game.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pictures lots of pictures. My 6 year old was able to bag his first turkey this spring I think I have close to 100 pictures from that day. Turkeys are nice first kills it's easy to do a tail and beard mount and nice and cheap.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Home made plaques with the shell casing, a picture, and small description engraved on a brass plate look really cool on a kids wall. When kiddo gets tired of it, you will then inherit that fine memorabilia to keep. Win Win IMO!!

HUNT2EAT

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about a shadow box type picture frame. You can put some pictures surrounded by feathers of the bird, the shell that was used to harvest the bird. Maybe some of the local vegetation from the area, arrange it all and hang it on the wall as a constant reminder. I am in the process of doing this for my kids first walleye. Plan on placing the bottom bouncer and spinner in the background and overlaying it with photos. Just an idea!!!

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Home made plaques with the shell casing, a picture, and small description engraved on a brass plate look really cool on a kids wall. When kiddo gets tired of it, you will then inherit that fine memorabilia to keep. Win Win IMO!!

That's what I did for my 10 year old son's 1st deer and will probably do something similar for my 10 year old girl this fall as well . Just split the tail on the under side and rub with boraxo a few times until it's dry and clean , drilled a couple holes and attached to the frame with mono . I used just the casing for the brass plate
1488111_712946512050194_1212347337_n.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67