First Fawn

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the DISMAL winter we and the critters just endured, it was nice to see a little life. It was just a single, but it was bouncy and made me smile. I don't think there will be a bumper crop of fawns or even an average one, but I hope I'm being a "chicken little" here and enough does were able to bring their little ones to term. Anyone seeing fawns in your neck of the woods?

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen a good half dozen or so on my travels in the central part of the state. Does seem to be a little less deer overall though.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have yet to see a fawn in my area.. Which is unreal!

Usually I have one doe with fawns living in the yard during the summer, if not two sets. And on top of that, I'm usually dodging them on the roads coming and going.... Nothing this year, yet.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched newborn twins at our place south of Bis this past weekend! Made my day!

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have seen quite a few antelope fawns but only a couple deer. Hopefully I am just not seeing them and they did as well as the antelope.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Morton county seems ok, just this week two WT sets of twins and one doe that somehow still hasn’t dropped. One muley with a fawn as well. I’ll have to check the cam up north this weekend to see what’s there.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually, I run across a couple sets of fawns at my place by now. I did see a number of deer beds while out spraying weeds the other day, so I'm just assuming the does have their fawns tucked away nicely in some of the near nipple high grass this year.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched something funny last night , We have a resident magpie that torments the heck out of our cat and follows it around the yard and pecks at his tail then hops away, the cat can't do anything about it but get pissed because the magpie is way faster and smarter. Last night a fawn that I'd saw a few days ago came out in the yard and the magpie was tormenting it like it does the cat, the fawn didn't seem to mind a bit and came out of the trees right where the magpies hang out.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the fawn is smart enough to "know" the bird is an early warning system even as it would like to eat out his eyes. :D

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw one today out spot spraying spurge in a pasture on an atv. Doe was watching me from inside the trees, pulled up on the hill beside a waterhole next to trees, little fawn took off like a streak of shit. Couldn't have been very old, maybe a few days to a week old.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 164
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90