Fishing access fenced off...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
a fence is cheaper and immeasurably easier to implement than law enforcement - it's that simple

path of least resistance

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then they would have to hire more wardens to enforce the rules. It’s a PIA no matter how you look at it. Put more rules out there and spend more money enforcing it or just close it off. Most are choosing the latter.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Did I offend your people, Gabe?

No I still am able to walk a few hundred yards carrying all my unncecessary fancy painted fishing lures that rarely catch anything but are shiney so they attracted me to buy them.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
for the most part, its the citizens of the state that use the areas in question. a thought: maybe we should pony up the money for extra enforcement of said area as an alternative to fences.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
for the most part, its the citizens of the state that use the areas in question. a thought: maybe we should pony up the money for extra enforcement of said area as an alternative to fences.

What money would be ponied up? Tax dollars?? Good luck with that one! Fence is a cheap alternative. #whatguysaid

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
a$$holes who weren't raised right are the problem (people ####ing on the resource)

gov't never used to worry about stuff like this because the vast majority of people did the right thing - what the majority felt was respectful and proper

now people do what they want - eff the fellow citizens

Exhibit A:

http://www.ksfy.com/content/news/Cu...rching-for-Poets-Table-vandals-483818851.html

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/po...cle_ab6585e1-15af-5707-8755-f4e7b5e860d7.html

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/ch...cle_f967eb1d-b7d5-5609-a719-f5f7083e8b85.html

- - - Updated - - -

yes - I realize the irony in this story

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always gonna be someone ( dirt bag, jackwagon , etc) ruining it for EVERYBODY

right?

what irks me is that back in the day it was one in a thousand were jerks - so it was toleratable levels of a$$hattery

and the violator usually got his a$$ chewed and changed his tune

these days it seems like one in ten and everyone's afraid to call out a violator because of risk of violence/retribution

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
No I still am able to walk a few hundred yards carrying all my unncecessary fancy painted fishing lures that rarely catch anything but are shiney so they attracted me to buy them.

Well I'm glad you get to spend time doing something fun after running all that nice farming equipment with unnecessary gps/air conditioning/front assist.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I'm glad you get to spend time doing something fun after running all that nice farming equipment with unnecessary gps/air conditioning/front assist.

Probably no more unnecessary than the charting gps, side imaging/mapping equipment you are running on your sparkly boat that you recreate in. He makes his and his family's living in his equipment.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Making a living....and living. #inmybestmattmcconaughey

One necessary for the other. And both of equal importance. Life doesnt equate to much without either.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably no more unnecessary than the charting gps, side imaging/mapping equipment you are running on your sparkly boat that you recreate in. He makes his and his family's living in his equipment.

Can you notice the tongue and cheek comment? California air is poisoning your noggin. I also make a living on shiny lures that we don't need.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you notice the tongue and cheek comment? California air is poisoning your noggin. I also make a living on shiny lures that we don't need.

Actually I'm at Metigoshe now as we are for almost half the year and in CA we are about 20 minutes from the Pacific, so our air is off the ocean.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

I didn;t offend "your" people did I?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn;t offend "your" people did I?

Fishermen? No. I have 340 of those shiny bastards to paint up and that's just one order. There's six more orders to get to yet but not before I take my sparkly boat with multiple graphs and other unneeded gadgets to the river tomorrow for a nice, three-day weekend.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

Ah DM, the true nature of your little quips is apparent to most.

a$$holes who weren't raised right are the problem (people ####ing on the resource)

gov't never used to worry about stuff like this because the vast majority of people did the right thing - what the majority felt was respectful and proper

now people do what they want - eff the fellow citizens

Soooo the govt is limiting access for the reason you list............hmmmmm I wonder if those same reasons cause limited access by others??

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

Actually the boat a tax write-off. Technically I'm working.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51