Fishing access fenced off...

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Semicolons, Colons, and Apostrophes
The semicolon, colon and apostrophe are often misused by writers who are unaware or unconcerned with their proper usage. As with other punctuation marks, the semicolon, colon and apostrophe are often thought of as “the trees” that obscure “the forest” of writing—that if readers simply forgave the improper usage, the piece’s intent and excellence would shine through.
Most readers are ready to forgive the occasional misuse, but critical readers may regard writers that blatantly ignore convention as unprofessional, sloppy or incompetent.

I was speaking to the profanity laced rants and the use of certain key words that appear in unsigned bad rep deals but if you want to be the punctuation police have at it.

If you get a bunch of unsigned bad reps with out of place semi colons let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Naw, just giving you $hit for sticking up for the ultimate pot stirrer. carry on.

Hell man I wasn;t even in the gill netting thread and the "legend" grabbed the spoon and started stirring.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was lucky to get C,s in pronounciation. And it shows. No auto correct.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
there it is in plain english - you are trolling for written sources to testify in bills against the interest of sportsman

I never would have guessed you’d confess what your true nature is

good to know though - thanks
I have waited a long time for people to catch on to this. I gave up fearing people would think I was just as nuts as gst. What a relief that people are not automatically buying his bs. I hope everyone now knows gst and fritz are hre to ride herd on us. I often wonder if they were assigned the task or volunteered.

- - - Updated - - -

Grew up in Botno, graduated from UND, have an apartment in Minot and a cabin on Metigoshe; own farm land in the Westhope area with my brother and sister; wife owns land in the Kramer area with her family, but we live in CA for half a year. WHAT'S YOUR POINT fm!

Do you think you're more North Dakotan than me???
Absolutely. Your half Kalifornian.:)

- - - Updated - - -

The area from tobacco gardens to the east past the beacon is completely fenced off. There are a couple openings but way to small to fit anything with wheels through. Dirt bikes and 4-wheelers on sad bars is pretty normal up here on the river areas where I think the actual habitat of concern is but I’ve never heard about anyone getting ticketed for it. Once you hit the lake area, that’s a different story. I think the fine is $500 for driving down to fish and they’ve been handing them out. Getting to the point that if you don’t have a big enough boat to handle the wind or a strong enough back to carry your gear a couple hundred yards your SOL. The resorts aren’t going to complain though, everyone is being corralled for them.

That's the idea behind transferring public land to the states. I'll bet dollars to dimes it doesn't take ten years before they demand the right of the renter to post. It's also what's behind posting 100+ year old trails into the mountains in Montana. It's also what's behind the no corner hopping. The money worshipers want to hold the American resources hostage.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
But yet on every "sportsmen" issue the people of ND have voted on, the side I have advocated for or against the majority of North Dakotans also voted for or against (sometimes rather significantly) as opposed to plains and the select few.

Perhaps the majority of NDans are the ones "riding herd" on you and a few others plains.

Last edited:

Odin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why doesn't the ACOE police it instead of putting up fences. Grg the word out you will go to jail.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why doesn't the ACOE police it instead of putting up fences. Grg the word out you will go to jail.

Yep we've brought that up a few times, they don't want any part of enforcing rules then the problem gets out of hand by the time someone decides to write a ticket/arrest someone. Actually fits nicely with pretty much any federal rules immigration, guns, protesting, whatever.... If we really want to see a problem and make a rule to fix it(look out for this one): if you look at a huge majority of the garbage and probably a good chunk of the atv traffic tearing things up what is the most common similarity? Alcohol. Why not patrol for boose on Corps land and see how many things fix themselves? For the record: I can't even believe I was able to type that. :;:smokin

Last edited:

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow Gabe, your true colors are shining bright. Easy to see right through you. What someone says on Nodakangler IS NOT representative of all (or majority) sportsmen in North Dakota. NO ONE on this site claims to be the voice of sportsmen of N.D.

Our Legislature knows the difference between spoken/written testimony or a phone call/email vs locker room talk on a website. And if they don’t they should NOT be a representative of this great state. Can’t believe you would stoop so low to make those claims or worse contact a legislature (or testify on a bill) on what someone said on the interwebs and claim it is the voice of all sportsmen of ND... oh wait yes I can

P.S. I notcied how you said the legislature is smart for the most part, except when they do something you don’t like, right? Then they aren’t so smart because your the smartest and you know everything. Sick.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow Gabe, your true colors are shining bright. Easy to see right through you. What someone says on Nodakangler IS NOT representative of all (or majority) sportsmen in North Dakota. NO ONE on this site claims to be the voice of sportsmen of N.D.

Our Legislature knows the difference between spoken/written testimony or a phone call/email vs locker room talk on a website. And if they don’t they should NOT be a representative of this great state. Can’t believe you would stoop so low to make those claims or worse contact a legislature (or testify on a bill) on what someone said on the interwebs and claim it is the voice of all sportsmen of ND... oh wait yes I can

P.S. I notcied how you said the legislature is smart for the most part, except when they do something you don’t like, right? Then they aren’t so smart because your the smartest and you know everything. Sick.

Then why don't you step up and speak out when farmers are refered to as "corporate ghouls" and the claim made they have "f#$ked up more land than any other group"??

Silence is often a sign of acknowledgement. I at least give guy and kdm credit for having the balls to post what they believe.

It is just like most every other issue. a handful of sportsmen start some measure or make some claim and most other sportsmen do not bother to stand up and speak out because this handful of elitists that push hfh measures, closing rivers to motorized boats.....ect are so quick to demonize those that do not argee with them that other sportsmen sit silent instead of speaking out.

Read what I wrote again and show me exactly where I said what was said on NDA was the voice of all sportsmen as you clearly claimed.

"Person giving testimonies:
"Indeed , Chairman Xyzstuv and other committee members , On an outdoors website called North Dakota Angler which has become the states leading website for ND sportsmen allowing a voice for thousands of ND outdoor enthusiasts, a thread relating to the Corps closing and restricting of access to public lands in our state ranging from the Cheyenne Grass lands in the east to the Missourin and Yellowstone river confluences in the west suggest that limiting access is a solution to these issues of littering and vandalism and other actions, certainly a similar response to address the issue on private lands should be supported as well.

Sportsmen on the states leading outdoors website voiced their belief that if people had to work a little bit to gain access they were less likely to engage in these behaviors that those who own and make their living from these lands should not have to deal with when people use them to recreate and as such supported means of limiting access to public lands.

A State law requiring people to simply seek out permission before accessing private lands they wish to recreate on would go a long ways in eliminating those that would abuse the priviledge by engaging in these destructive actions.

If there are no further questions I thank the committee for the opportunity to speak in support of House bill 123 and strongly urge a yes vote"

come on man put your money were your mouth is and show exactly where I said what you claimed I did.

If you can't have the balls to admit you made a bullshit claim you can not back up.

Better yet show me ONE thing I wrote in that example that is not truth.

I can't believe you would stoop so low as to make a claim I said something I did not....oh wait yes I can.

As to the legislature being smart most of the time.........I watched during a committee hearing on a bill as a legislator from plainsmans district sat and played some candy crush game on her lap top during testimonies..she was later reprimanded for some stupid shit she said............happens occassionally but for the most part legislators even those that do not vote how I would like are pretty sharp.

What our legislators no the difference between is fact based testimonies and made up stories. They like people that show up with these fact based testimonies. How often do you engage in your right as a citizen of ND to weigh in on the creation of law that you have an interest in bbm?

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed they can, but the issue behind the bill is why should they have to to prevent the "a$$hattery" and "littering, vandalism and general dumb fluckery" that occurs?

Who am I a "representative" of EB?

Do you "represent" all sportsmen simply because you post something on an internet site? Does plainsman? Guy who fishes?

I know Warren quite well and he appreciates people that speak the truth.

Would you care to answer these or the simple question I asked at the end of the post you quoted?

The POINT of my comments here are to get those that are advocating making public access to public lands more difficult to stop and think how the comment they make might end up impacting more than what they think.

If you would drop the petty stupid personal bullshit bbm you would have actually read where I suggested what one or two people claim on an internet site is NOT the voice of all sportsmen.............;:;banghead

You apparently have not bothered to read thru past threads the many times I have acknowledged that the whiney voices of a few on these sites are NOT representative of the vast majority of ND sportsmen.

You would have also realized that what was written was merely an example of what someone that was supporting a trespass bill could write as a result of things posted here to get people to stop and think about what they are posting on here and the consequences their posts may have down the road. .

But in your hurry to bash on someone personally you only showed your ignorance of what was actually written.

Last edited:

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
There simply isn’t enough time in the day to read all of your posts and frankly I’m not that interested in what you have to say. Your agenda is loud and clear, as well as your intentions as a user of this website. Im amazed at how much time you have to spend on the internet “keeping sportsman in line”, always having to get in the last word. I wonder if you get paid as a lobbyist or do this for “fun” on your own time and dime. Not sure which one is more pathetic.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I now took gst of my ignore list. Then I read this and scratched my head:
You apparently have not bothered to read thru past threads the many times I have acknowledged that the whiney voices of a few on these sites are NOT representative of the vast majority of ND sportsmen.
I was under the impression that gst didn't understand this. Time after time when I talked about some ag practice I didn't like I would say this doesn't mean all farmers only a few. Still he called my anti farmer. I tried time after time to explain it wasn't anti farmer it was anti practice. I am responding to this not to bash gst, but in the event there are others who didn't understand my position. I'm not anti rancher either, heck I just bought a $170 slab of uncut ribeye at Hugo's yesterday.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
91B23395-67C4-4F72-979F-53B79E0BD469.jpg

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So I now took gst of my ignore list. Then I read this and scratched my head:
I was under the impression that gst didn't understand this. Time after time when I talked about some ag practice I didn't like I would say this doesn't mean all farmers only a few. Still he called my anti farmer. I tried time after time to explain it wasn't anti farmer it was anti practice. I am responding to this not to bash gst, but in the event there are others who didn't understand my position. I'm not anti rancher either, heck I just bought a $170 slab of uncut ribeye at Hugo's yesterday.

wait you had him on ignore?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51