Fishing must be good here!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol you guys haven't seen the amount of boats fishing the bridges on devils lake on an evening bite. It's absolutely epic šŸ˜Ž especially 57 and woods rutten

sdietrich

Founding Member
Founding Member
I donā€™t say much here but feel it is worth saying. I grew up in ND and my father grew up in ND. We have a place in DL that we visit frequently and also have family we visit many times throughout the year in Bismarck and meet up for fishing. Currently he lives on in MO and I live in MN. We still own farmland in ND. But I will tell you that we constantly hear snide remarks from people with ND plates and registered boats. We find and fish our own spots. I donā€™t even own binoculars and also hate people boat chasing. But yet I have allegiance because I love ND but it does damper a trip when someone from the state you feel is home has to open their mouth to say ā€œ fish in your own stateā€ not knowing the background and of the people they are talking to.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I donā€™t say much here but feel it is worth saying. I grew up in ND and my father grew up in ND. We have a place in DL that we visit frequently and also have family we visit many times throughout the year in Bismarck and meet up for fishing. Currently he lives on in MO and I live in MN. We still own farmland in ND. But I will tell you that we constantly hear snide remarks from people with ND plates and registered boats. We find and fish our own spots. I donā€™t even own binoculars and also hate people boat chasing. But yet I have allegiance because I love ND but it does damper a trip when someone from the state you feel is home has to open their mouth to say ā€œ fish in your own stateā€ not knowing the background and of the people they are talking to.
douche move for sure

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rumor has it that they lost out on their spot to an earlier flight boat, that person did have waypoints to prove he knew about it before the tournament and not because it was the "leaders spot". Sounded like it was the only fish they could catch. Its a major bummer for sure but proof that no one owns the lake.
Some tournaments keep the top teams secret after the first day to minimize this from happening

1lessdog

ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜… Legendary Member
It happens all the time, everytime there is trash on shore or on the side of the road it's always nonresidents. I remember reading in the local paper where they would print all the game violation and 95% of the people were residents getting the violations. And most of them were hunting on posted land ( trespassing ). And then you here, that's because the blue platers didn't get caught.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It'd really only say a few people that need to express their disapproval towards those out of staters who venture into North dakota to.spend their hard earned money. You think it's bad now with the complaining it was 10x worse a decade ago, especially the sconis who came to the Lehr area perch lakes and to devils lake. I personally always had great experiences with these people,.I even had a truck of sconis help me pull my pickup off an ice ridge on east devils lake. I believe the sconi bashing was also bad because of the time there was a group who were busted with a lot of fish over the limit but it got tossed on a "technicality" of no search warrant in a hotel room. Lots of people where worked up over that for a while to but I have had more confrontation with locals either shore fishing or ice fishing then I ever had with out of staters.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are much more welcoming on the west river side of the state, I don't believe I have ever even checked someone's license on their pickup or boat.

Them east river guys are a bunch of bullies, and think pretty highly of themselves. šŸ˜˜

SurvivalAmazon88

Established Member
Must be hot fishing here. šŸ¤£

IMG_7951.jpeg
Good lord, that's a busy spot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 54
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 37