What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Fishing---Why is XXX species your favorite?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="DirtyMike" data-source="post: 134821" data-attributes="member: 229"><p>I grew up fishing walleye with a bottom bouncer and spinner or very rarely, a crank bait. I didn't know where were other ways to catch them until long after that. Over the last couple years, I have grown very fond of pitching jigs and cranks for walleyes. Having a good rod to feel an 1/8 oz or 3/16 oz jig tumble across a sand bar is something that I'll hang onto for rest of my time here. </p><p></p><p>One would think that I'd chase bass beings Nelson Lake was my backyard, but I've never really bought into the species. They're fun to catch and their fight is second to none. Two years ago, I was messing around with a topwater on Audubon and tied into some mid sized smallies. You couldn't smack the smile off my face. </p><p></p><p>I absolutely love to chase perch and crappies through the ice, but my ice fishing has taken a back seat to other weekend endeavors. </p><p></p><p>As far as northern pike go, they're fun to fight, but they cost me too much damn money in tackle.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="DirtyMike, post: 134821, member: 229"] I grew up fishing walleye with a bottom bouncer and spinner or very rarely, a crank bait. I didn't know where were other ways to catch them until long after that. Over the last couple years, I have grown very fond of pitching jigs and cranks for walleyes. Having a good rod to feel an 1/8 oz or 3/16 oz jig tumble across a sand bar is something that I'll hang onto for rest of my time here. One would think that I'd chase bass beings Nelson Lake was my backyard, but I've never really bought into the species. They're fun to catch and their fight is second to none. Two years ago, I was messing around with a topwater on Audubon and tied into some mid sized smallies. You couldn't smack the smile off my face. I absolutely love to chase perch and crappies through the ice, but my ice fishing has taken a back seat to other weekend endeavors. As far as northern pike go, they're fun to fight, but they cost me too much damn money in tackle. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Fishing---Why is XXX species your favorite?
Top
Bottom