What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Fishing---Why is XXX species your favorite?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rowdie" data-source="post: 134824" data-attributes="member: 272"><p>I've been programed to hunt walleye I guess. Even though in the spring we would shore fish and target pike, since I was little, walleye was the prized fish. As a kid I remember we cleaned white bass, and catfish too. When crappie and smallies started showing up in OAHE we cleaned them too. IMO walleye taste the best and cleanest. My wife will ONLY eat walleye. I can usually keep enough walleye so why clean anything else? I've targeted bass in dams and had a blast. Will again someday I'm sure. When in the Black Hills or when I lived in MT for a year, I fished trout. But walleye clean the easiest and taste the best IMO. Living my life on OAHE has shaped my mindset I guess.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rowdie, post: 134824, member: 272"] I've been programed to hunt walleye I guess. Even though in the spring we would shore fish and target pike, since I was little, walleye was the prized fish. As a kid I remember we cleaned white bass, and catfish too. When crappie and smallies started showing up in OAHE we cleaned them too. IMO walleye taste the best and cleanest. My wife will ONLY eat walleye. I can usually keep enough walleye so why clean anything else? I've targeted bass in dams and had a blast. Will again someday I'm sure. When in the Black Hills or when I lived in MT for a year, I fished trout. But walleye clean the easiest and taste the best IMO. Living my life on OAHE has shaped my mindset I guess. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Fishing---Why is XXX species your favorite?
Top
Bottom