What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Fishing---Why is XXX species your favorite?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Sum1" data-source="post: 134856" data-attributes="member: 470"><p>Fish for bass, walleye, salmon, muskie and pike throughout the year. The season kinda determines what I'll be fishing for. If I only targeted one specie I'd burn out on fishing. Throughout the year I easily spent the most time bass fishing both smallies and largemouth. Really like spring river walleye fishing. Ice fishing for pike, not a huge fan of this but like that this is the time of year to catch a real bruiser and my son really likes to do this. Salmon from shore in the fall. Muskie a few times a year in the summer. Panfish are really the only fish I don't get real excited about. </p><p></p><p>Bass - you can catch a ton, they hit topwater and are just fun as all heck to catch.</p><p>Walleye- taste good and theres just something about that tick on your jig. </p><p>Salmon- awsome smoked and thier fight is unreal. Wish they were more accessible from shore throughout the year. </p><p>Pike- the small ones are peskie but the big ones(20 plus lbers)I put in the same catagory as muskie. Thier rare and catching one gives you a feeling of accomplishment.</p><p>Muskie- only fish that has ever made my knees get week. If I could get away from bass in the summer I'd spend a lot more time muskie fishing.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Sum1, post: 134856, member: 470"] Fish for bass, walleye, salmon, muskie and pike throughout the year. The season kinda determines what I'll be fishing for. If I only targeted one specie I'd burn out on fishing. Throughout the year I easily spent the most time bass fishing both smallies and largemouth. Really like spring river walleye fishing. Ice fishing for pike, not a huge fan of this but like that this is the time of year to catch a real bruiser and my son really likes to do this. Salmon from shore in the fall. Muskie a few times a year in the summer. Panfish are really the only fish I don't get real excited about. Bass - you can catch a ton, they hit topwater and are just fun as all heck to catch. Walleye- taste good and theres just something about that tick on your jig. Salmon- awsome smoked and thier fight is unreal. Wish they were more accessible from shore throughout the year. Pike- the small ones are peskie but the big ones(20 plus lbers)I put in the same catagory as muskie. Thier rare and catching one gives you a feeling of accomplishment. Muskie- only fish that has ever made my knees get week. If I could get away from bass in the summer I'd spend a lot more time muskie fishing. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Fishing---Why is XXX species your favorite?
Top
Bottom