Flies...ugh

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Attack from deer flies and horse flies,some beeches are relentless this summer in my area,sandy soil rain day after day,why is it these deer flies hit the bald spot on your head? I ended up rolling a ball of duct tape and stuck the sticky wad on the top of my hat,fixed the some beeches,then horse flies biting thru my tshirt, drawing blood,huge welts,,thankgoodness for benadryl. Feel sorry for the cattle and horses,4 legged buffet.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Attack from deer flies and horse flies,some beeches are relentless this summer in my area,sandy soil rain day after day,why is it these deer flies hit the bald spot on your head? I ended up rolling a ball of duct tape and stuck the sticky wad on the top of my hat,fixed the some beeches,then horse flies biting thru my tshirt, drawing blood,huge welts,,thankgoodness for benadryl. Feel sorry for the cattle and horses,4 legged buffet.
Agree, don't know if its all the moisture this yr or what, but they are crazy. Fricken horse flies do leave a nasty one, Benadryl certainly helps.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been able to get a few that dive bomb my head when I take the dogs out walking at night and when I'm mowing.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
At the rate im being chewed up i might need a blood transfusion, gotta mow my hay field along the creek today,wearing long pants/ heavy duty thick long sleeve shirt,gonna be a hot bitch,already 85deg ,70% dew pt,no wind just thick heavy air these little some beeches thrive on.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gee BBJ,ive got a patch of milk weed just for monarch buttery flies,not many local monarch 's but come September ill have 100's stop as they migrate,cool to see so many,they also like my boxelder tree.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 17