Founding Member
Founding Member

Bonus:

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cast Iron, max heat, pat of butter.

Just when the butter starts the 1st wisp of smoke, crack the eggs and immediately reduce heat to med-low.

When the whites are almost done, just a little runny still on top, flip. 30-45 seconds just to finish the whites and skin over the yolk and remove.

This method gets the whites firm enough to nearly totally negate yolk breakage and yet maximizes the amount of liquid yolk for toast/pancake dipping.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like was mentioned above, cast iron is your friend. Remember that when frying fish also! You are welcome.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep I must confess I'm a hard yolk guy🤦‍♂️ and that is because I'm a grilled cheese and egg guy on sourdough bread or I'm a fried egg sammich guy with miracle whip pepper jack cheese and salsa. I will take me an once over if ones selection is been limited but prefer the former if I can. It's funny sometimes if I'm in a restaurant when i tell them broken yolk with sour dough bread with a side of mayo. I take my two eggs my sausage patties and my sour dough bread and make me a sammich yummy 😋

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
A sandwich is the time and place for a hard yolk. A soft yolk in this situation creates unnecessary mess and unsafer driving. You're not fucked up unless you order hard eggs in the cafe. Then you might be queer. Scrambled and hard are not the same thing.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well heck svn I didn't know that was the case life is getting too complicated these days with all this gay vs straight soft vs hard yolk. I might just have to tell them then when I order next time I will take the once over from now on just to save face. I will now have an identity crisis when I decide on anything this day forward, i don't even know what to do now
Maybe you could do me a solid svn and give me the short list of svn's guide do and the don't for the straight just incase.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^:) When you're at Denny's, etc order scrambled and don't drink from a straw. Also, if your server is a chick flirt with her and embarrass the dude you're eating with (quietly and not with family of course) with comments of him being on parole and how happy you are he's been talked out of transgender surgery...It makes for a fun meal and a few bruises on the shins. This is even fodder for ridicule as shin kicking is effeminate. Don't flirt with a dude server but still evoke a "WTF" look on his face and send him back to the kitchen laughing. These folks work hard and be sure to tip generously.

TANGENT: Servers should be paid a living wage and tips discouraged. They would still receive surreptitious tips and have an easier time "moving on" with acquired people skills.

Anyways: These are my tips for being straight after a night of raising hell with Pard #1 and more subdued with Pard#2: 1/2 are only ranked by meeting time. I truly do not GAF how you like your eggs.
Here's a random tune which recommends tequila as a hot weather beverage and chilled gin to remedy depression on the full album version:

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
The day I need to watch a video to learn how to fry an egg is the day I quit cooking!!!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^Good deal for you. I've fucked it up a lot.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure how cooking a fried egg could be f'ed up other than burning it (throw it away and start over - no biggey), under cook it (cook it some more) or break the yolk. Break the yolk and you still flip it over, cut it up and eat it as an open faced sandwich on toast.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to cook breakfast for you some time. We could watch "Sex And the City" while you wear my mother's bathrobe.

1670649984139.png

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn svn you told be a long time ago when we were on the last days of fishing buddy that you wanted to get together and make me the best damn burger east of the red River. What the heck svn my feelers are hurt 😢

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to cook breakfast for you some time. We could watch "Sex And the City" while you wear my mother's bathrobe.

I pass on your cooking and your choice of tv programming.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11