G. Loomis found in the River near Stanton.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught a Loomis rod last night in the river near Stanton. I want to try to get it back to it's owner. 701-eight-seven-zero - zero-four-four-six

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I once convinced an elderly Inuit store keeper to wear her mittens when she stacked pallets.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I once convinced an elderly Inuit store keeper to wear her mittens when she stacked pallets.

Ill bite
Were her her python boots too tight? She couldn't get them off last night. A week went by and now it's July and now she has stink foot

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good on you.
I found a net at the cleaning station once, brought it to the marina at the camp ground for someone to claim.
Never heard the rest of the story.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, that's pretty solid. I always figured if it was left somewhere you should look for the rightful owner, but if it was magically snagged from the depths it was a gift from the fish gods.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill bite
Were her her python boots too tight? She couldn't get them off last night. A week went by and now it's July and now she has stink foot

No Man. I do appreciate the reference in the most astounded way but I was just letting everyone know I too; will perform good deeds.

DonC

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found a shotgun last fall....was able to connect with owner :;:cheers

After driving from Idaho and a few days pheasant hunting in ND. Seeing lots of birds but hunting with just me and my dog getting close to limit. While driving down the road today noticed a glint in the ditch, backed up to see what it was
icon_eekgif-1.jpg
It was a Beretta over and under
20 ga just laying there open and 2 shells loaded. Looked brand new not a mark on it .
beergif-1.jpg
The hunting gods were looking down on me.
thumbgif-1.jpg
After a few minutes high fiving my dog it dawned on me... awl hell can't keep this.
eyerollgif-1.jpg
What to do, sat around awhile no one showed up. Dam how to leave this guy a msg if he comes back. After a few minutes decided to leave my phone # in an empty water bottle (water tight) but wind was blowing 35 +. Decided needed something big he would notice and to secure the bottle so the wind would not blow it away. Went up the road a mile and found a big no hunting sign at a grave yard on a stake. Decided to barrow it. Wired the water btl to the sign and placed it where the gun was laying. Drove away secretly hoping he wouldn't find it.
icon_redfacegif-1.jpg
After thinking what I would do with my new found gun...give it to wife...or give it to son in Alaska for Christmas. After notifying both of my good fortune and no calls after 5 hrs. Suddenly my cell rings with an unknown # Low and behold a Hunter from Penn on a high $$$ lodge hunt called to reclaim his gun. Seemed disappointed I wouldn't drive 40 miles to return it to him
icon_winkgif-1.jpg
He came to get his gun and offered a bottle of Scotch which I graciously accepted. Day turned out good for all. Good karma ...got 2 more birds later to fill limit.
beergif-1.jpg
What goes around comes around as my ole Dad used to tell me.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found a $20 bill at West Acres when a young kid, mom took it and bought my sister a new swimming suit with it.

I think I am due some karma, oh wait I got it, goes by the name mrs johnr.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would really be hard to keep a gun. The owner could report it stolen for insurance. So if you ever take it to a smith or sell it, you could be in possession of a stolen gun. Not good. Or, what if it had been used in a crime?

DonC

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would really be hard to keep a gun. The owner could report it stolen for insurance. So if you ever take it to a smith or sell it, you could be in possession of a stolen gun. Not good. Or, what if it had been used in a crime?

Never thought of that angle could get interesting trying to explain how u came up with it......

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76