Gliss monotex line

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I thought i would write up a review of the gliss 18# pink line is only 0.006 in. The pink is easy to see sheds water very well and has exceptional knot stenghts. I either use a 3 foot 4 or 6 pound florou leader. When I go without a leader is when I am fishing for perch, I only use a small swivel or snap if I use anything at all. When tying on a lure I use the improved clinch knot with one extra step and I wrap the line around the hook twice before I use the improved clinch knot. I have never lost a hook becuase the line slipped through it's knot when you wrap twice it can't.
When tying a floro leader I use a uni knot, I only need 3 or 4 wraps per end, saliva, and cinch down. To cut the tags off flush with the knot I use a knife where I lay the knot on a hard flat surface, lay the blade flat towards the tag line, and pull the tag into the blade. It's the exact same way I trim my tags when wrapping guides.

Just like the nano fil when you get ice build up after awhile the line begins to fray, I pull my trusty knife and remove that part of the damaged line. I use a blood knot to tie the ends together again becuase it has a smaller diameter of a uni knot.

But the most important thing is human saliva, there is something about saliva that works better then water.

20180305_143731.jpg9

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure but monotex does have 2.5 times the tensile strength by diameter then nanofil so I'm thinking I should be able to cast farther then someone using nanofil based on test Don't know for sure but luvcatchingbass you will be the first to know when I do.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I thought i would write up a review of the gliss 18# pink line is only 0.006 in. The pink is easy to see sheds water very well and has exceptional knot stenghts. I either use a 3 foot 4 or 6 pound florou leader. When I go without a leader is when I am fishing for perch, I only use a small swivel or snap if I use anything at all. When tying on a lure I use the improved clinch knot with one extra step and I wrap the line around the hook twice before I use the improved clinch knot. I have never lost a hook becuase the line slipped through it's knot when you wrap twice it can't.
When tying a floro leader I use a uni knot, I only need 3 or 4 wraps per end, saliva, and cinch down. To cut the tags off flush with the knot I use a knife where I lay the knot on a hard flat surface, lay the blade flat towards the tag line, and pull the tag into the blade. It's the exact same way I trim my tags when wrapping guides.

Just like the nano fil when you get ice build up after awhile the line begins to fray, I pull my trusty knife and remove that part of the damaged line. I use a blood knot to tie the ends together again becuase it has a smaller diameter of a uni knot.

But the most important thing is human saliva, there is something about saliva that works better then water.

6aa5b0c80d1eee0f2a552b37a6768085.jpg9

Works better than water in the bedroom too!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Read reviews of this on tackle warehouse. Reminds me of reviews when nanofil came out. Using the right knot is the deal. I do like the fact that the diameter is even thinner then Nanofil for same poundage. May try a spool of it this spring

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah yeah that's all I could find in pink at the time was 18# test I to will have to give it a go this summer, the pp vermilion red 8# test fades to a pink color also, so I am going with a 150yd spool of 8# gliss with the 8# pp as a filler.

- - - Updated - - -

Works better than water in the bedroom too!

At da boy
;:;bowdown

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah yeah that's all I could find in pink at the time was 18# test I to will have to give it a go this summer, the pp vermilion red 8# test fades to a pink color also, so I am going with a 150yd spool of 8# gliss with the 8# pp as a filler.

- - - Updated - - -

At da boy
;:;bowdown

Red is too hard for my eyes to see at night. Can't see it to tie it, and can't give up and go home every time I break off.

I go with bright green, all summer long.

10-30-14 #6.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Red is too hard for my eyes to see at night. Can't see it to tie it, and can't give up and go home every time I break off.

I go with bright green, all summer long.

EF26CAA5-D8A7-4759-84A4-1B9F114F3DFA.jpg

Why the heck are you getting a break off and that line color looks more like yellow

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chartreuse I suppose. After a season, it's lighter colored than when I start.

I don't try to break off, but even I get snagged sometimes...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a chronic linewatcher. I prefer white nano. Yellow/green colors always dim over time, to the point they are less visible than white of the same age - except for good old Stren Gold mono - that stuff was great season after season.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a chronic linewatcher. I prefer white nano. Yellow/green colors always dim over time, to the point they are less visible than white of the same age - except for good old Stren Gold mono - that stuff was great season after season.

Old Stren Clear Blue was my old love. Unfortunately it feels like using a fat bungee cord now days.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
didn't care for it. frayed very easy, sticking with nano.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
P.S. Dear Ardent Marketing Department

I just purchased some of your Gliss line. It looks like a good deal, but now I feel like a like a young girl getting ready for the junior prom. Even the logo makes me feel like I might have wandered into Hot Topic or something. When sipping straight Yukon Jack with my bearded fishing buddies I am scared they may ask about the line I'm using. I'm not a liar so I would inevitably have to utter the horrific word in which you call your new product. At that point my fears go from being assaulted verbally(and possibly physically) to simply being shunned from the fold. Just wanted to notify you of my anxiety. Best wishes. Captain Ahab

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
P.S. Dear Ardent Marketing Department

I just purchased some of your Gliss line. It looks like a good deal, but now I feel like a like a young girl getting ready for the junior prom. Even the logo makes me feel like I might have wandered into Hot Topic or something. When sipping straight Yukon Jack with my bearded fishing buddies I am scared they may ask about the line I'm using. I'm not a liar so I would inevitably have to utter the horrific word in which you call your new product. At that point my fears go from being assaulted verbally(and possibly physically) to simply being shunned from the fold. Just wanted to notify you of my anxiety. Best wishes. Captain Ahab

Dear capt
Time to get new friends anyone laughing at your better then nano line while outcasting and catching bigger eyeballs doesn't deserve to use your livewell or bait bucket.
Sincerly

Ardent Marketing Department

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I fish from shore nobody cares about my pink line, capt if your friends are worried about your fishing line just wot it, that will make them like you again .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14