Good ol' fishing stories (Please share your)

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were shore fishing with my uncle in a bay for cats and northern back when I was in HS. My brothers dog was a gsp and was out roaming. suddenly we heard it barking and we turn around just in time. The dog was chasing a jack rabbit toward us running parallel to shore, and right on its azz. There was a little inlet just beside us and when the rabbit got to it, he was surprised and hit the brakes. The next few seconds were crazy, like a cartoon. The rabbit tried string by putting its legs out and started sliding, the dog did the same thing. The rabbit went over the 8 Ft bank and the dog released the brakes and kind of jumped fell off. The dog then nipped that rabbit in the air, almost caught it. That was one of the most athletic things I've ever seen. He must have wounded it, because after they crashed he ended up with it shortly. We laughed and laughed, my uncle was just amazed. A few years later my uncle was in a bad way on the hospital. On a ventilator, and tubes coming out of him everywhere, and we were advised the end was near. I was sitting around in the room and got up and went over to him and asked him if he remembered when Charlie caught that rabbit? He smiled and even got out a chuckle. He was dead a few days later.

- - - Updated - - -

We were shore fishing with my uncle in a bay for cats and northern back when I was in HS. My brothers dog was a gsp and was out roaming. suddenly we heard it barking and we turn around just in time. The dog was chasing a jack rabbit toward us running parallel to shore, and right on its azz. There was a little inlet just beside us and when the rabbit got to it, he was surprised and hit the brakes. The next few seconds were crazy, like a cartoon. The rabbit tried string by putting its legs out and started sliding, the dog did the same thing. The rabbit went over the 8 Ft bank and the dog released the brakes and kind of jumped fell off. The dog then nipped that rabbit in the air, almost caught it. That was one of the most athletic things I've ever seen. He must have wounded it, because after they crashed he ended up with it shortly. We laughed and laughed, my uncle was just amazed. A few years later my uncle was in a bad way on the hospital. On a ventilator, and tubes coming out of him everywhere, and we were advised the end was near. I was sitting around in the room and got up and went over to him and asked him if he remembered when Charlie caught that rabbit? He smiled and even got out a chuckle. He was dead a few days later.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88